Benefit Operations Specialist
Posted on 4/1/2022
- 1+ years of experience in operations, data-entry, or a related field
- Experience with Google Workspace (Gmail, Docs, & Sheets)
- Familiar with data entry and external company contact interaction
- Skilled in problem solving, dealing with ambiguity, cross-team communication, and a passion for operations to ultimately improve people's lives
- Excel in a metrics-based operational position where numbers matter and data drives new projects and ideas
- Self-motivated and comfortable working collaboratively and autonomously: you are excited about striving toward team and individual metrics
- Passionate about developing efficient processes and driving results
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work throughout seasonal peaks
- Manage benefit operations across multiple teams within the organization
- Expertly process large volumes of data for mission critical projects
- Ensure all quality control steps are accurately followed in a timely manner
- Work through queues of requests in Salesforce and other technology platforms
- Help to scale our growing health benefits operations and improve our processes - find pain points and seek better ways for us to tackle our work
- Collaborate with team members on special projects to increase efficiency
- Understand customer pain points and partner with cross-functional teams to simplify and automate existing processes
- Provide expertise in healthcare and benefits enrollment via written and verbal communication with Gusto Customers
- Healthcare, health insurance, or employee benefits experience
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience with Apple Products
Cloud-based payroll, benefits, and human resource management solution
Gusto's mission is to help companies put people first. The company operates an online payroll, health benefits, and workers' compensation platform.
- It’s a marathon, not a sprint: Employees celebrating 5 or 10 years at Gusto enjoy a month-long sabbatical to travel and relax after all their hard work.
- Meals and conversations: Free meals, snacks, and drinks to keep us fueled, but more importantly: they bring people together and foster community.
- Wellness for every body: We’re proud to offer inclusive health care such as hormone treatments, gender-affirming surgery, therapy, family planning, and more.
- The time you need: Our flexible PTO policy means every employee is encouraged to take the time they need now to keep doing great work, long term.
- Family-friendly benefits: Fertility treatments, primary and secondary parental leave, sleep coaching, house cleaning for new parents, and more.
- Be well, be you: Get free, comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, plus a monthly fitness stipend and mental health resources too.
- Embody a service mindset: Never stop advocating for the needs of others.
- Dream big, then make it real: Be ambitious. Show and do is greater than tell and talk.
- Be proud of the how: Ensure deep integrity in everything you do.
- Embrace an ownership mentality: Take initiative to leave things better than you found them.
- Debate then commit: Share openly, question respectfully, and once a decision is made, commit fully.
- Build with humility: Put collective success before individual achievements.