Inside Account Manager
Posted on 6/6/2022
Washington, USA • Bellevue, WA, USA
- 2+ years of proven renewals experience, sales, account management, and/or consulting experience managing SAAS accounts
- Curiosity and drive to understand customer business goals, anticipate future needs, and identify solutions
- Strong customer orientation, dedication, and passion for delivering a great customer experience
- Ability to assess and understand customer needs
- Problem solving around technical, product, and business questions
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Collaborative and team oriented
- Interested in Git and GitHub
- SalesForce experience
- Actively work to maintain strong relationships with GitHub's existing customer base while identifying opportunity for growing adoption
- Work cross-functionally and collaboratively with internal teams (sales, customer success, deal-desk, ops) to ensure timely renewals
- Innovate and iterate on the contract renewal process to retain and grow customers while mitigating churn
- Work with GitHub tools and technology to keep accurate customer and forecast information
- Partner with the Solutions Engineering team to ensure technical accuracy and delivery to customers
- Understand how customers are using GitHub and collaborate with them to ensure they get the most out of the GitHub platform
- Learn about customer's successes and challenges, share customer feedback with GitHub, and advocate for customer interests
- Knowledge of Git and GitHub workflows
- Strong and technical aptitude and ability to become deeply fluent in GitHub's technology and the industry
- High energy and positive attitude
- Ability to take initiative and build customer trust with empathy
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Flexible (ability to work across different time zones) and able to think quickly
- Willing to go the extra mile with a strong work-ethic; self-directed and resourceful
Open-source code hosting
GitHub is on a mission is to build a global platform for developer collaboration. The company operates an open-source coding hosting and collaboration platform
- A diverse and inclusive workplace - At GitHub, we think that a diverse company is a strong company, and we work hard to foster a supportive and welcoming workplace. Learn more about our commitment to diversity.
- Work happier - Build amazing things with a balance of autonomy and collaborative teamwork. Set your own work schedule and make use of a flexible PTO plan when you need to recharge.
- Lead from any location - GitHub is a remote-first company with offices located throughout the US, Europe, and Asia. Whether you live near an office or not, GitHub believes you can do your best work wherever you are. If you work remotely, you will receive a stipend to outfit your home office and receive reoccurring reimbursement refreshes.
- Put your health and family first - You’ll enjoy 100% coverage of health insurance premiums across our medical, dental, and vision plan offerings, including coverage for dependents. We also offer five months of paid family leave to all new parents with the option to use it all at once or throughout the baby’s first year.
- Find your zen - GitHub provides a monthly wellness stipend designed to cover anything from gym memberships, massage, meditation apps, or any other wellness related expenses.
- Invest in your future - At GitHub, you’ll have a stake in the future success of our platform with equity grants. For full-time employees, we offer competitive 401k planning with a 50% company match up to the IRS 402(g) annual limit.
- Keep growing - Learn how you learn best. From books to conferences, you’ll get a yearly budget for your individual learning and development goals.
- Give back to your community - We believe in sharing our time, resources, and products to contribute to positive social impact. GitHub matches charitable donations up to $15,000 per calendar year. And for each hour (up to 40 hours) of volunteering per year, you will receive $20 to donate to an organization of your choice.
- Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
- Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
- Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
- Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
- Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.