Head of Global IT
Posted on 5/17/2022
Remote in USA
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent work experience
- 10 years of increasing responsibility managing a Global IT organization
- Superior verbal and written communication skills; experience effectively communicating to all levels of the organization
- Passion for participating in high growth, high energy companies
- In-depth experience managing an all-cloud IT environment (no on-prem services)
- Strong background in IT Security strategy & implementation
- Expertise in managing technology partners to deliver business applications and support services
- Outstanding internal customer service skills
- Evidence of being a change agent within an organization -- being the driving force behind major organizational process or systems changes
- Ability to lead successfully in a complex environment with complex and competing priorities, balancing cross-functional demands
- Proven ability to influence and gain buy-in with key stakeholders across the organization for IT initiatives
- Strong process and change management experience - specifically for enterprise, cloud IT teams delivering business priorities
- Have global accountability for roadmaps, performance, and availability of the Corporate IT team
- Plan and manage the global IT budget
- Provide mentorship, coaching, and professional development to a team of direct reports
- Develop strategy & roadmaps for Confluent employee systems
- Be accountable for the stability of network & server infrastructure in Confluent facilities globally
- Be responsible for improving company-wide employee sentiment (via engagement surveys) related to systems & access to Information
- Have ownership of enterprise-wide applications used for productivity & collaboration (GSuite, Zoom, Slack, Atlassian, Okta)
- Lead projects through ideation, design, development, implementation, and support
- Develop dashboard, reports, and KPIs for performance & productivity reporting for systems and personnel
- Act as a strategic partner to Trust & Security for IT Sec across vulnerability management, endpoint, identity, and other key functions
- Be a thought leader with internal customers on the design and execution of technology initiatives
- Manage and oversee IT global compliance efforts (SOX, SOC2, ISO, FedRamp) working closely with the company's Trust & Security and Internal Audit teams
Full-scale data streaming platform
Confluent's mission is to create a new paradigm for real-time data streaming to help organizations set data in motion. The company builds tech-enables data manipulation tools.
- Best Teammates on Planet Earth - Loving your job has a lot to do with the people around you. Luckily at Confluent, you will find some of the most genuine people who make you excited to come to work each day.
- Adjustable Working Arrangements - While most of our employees work typical business hours, we encourage everyone to partner with their manager to make a schedule that works best for them and Confluent.
- Robust Benefits - Health and wellness is important and Confluent is proud to offer a total benefits program that ranks in the top percentile of companies similar in size to our industry in our established geographies.
- Rest and Recharge Days - Personal time off is great but it is even better when your whole team has the day. Each quarter, teams have three recharge days where the entire team logs off and refreshes before coming back to work.
- Weekly Lunch Spend - At Confluent, we have a weekly lunch program called “No Pay Thursday.” On Thursdays, lunch is provided by Confluent at local restaurants and grocery stores, taxes may apply for some countries.
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) - Confluent employees work really hard to meet the needs of our growing and scaling business. To make sure that we don’t burn out, we encourage everyone to balance their PTO in an adequate way.
Company Core Values
- Earn Our Customers' Love
- To Build a Great Company, Build a Great Team
- Smart, Humble, and Empathetic
- Be Fired up and Get It Done
- Tasteful not Wasteful
- One Team