Senior Internal Communications Manager
Posted on 11/1/2022
- 7+ of experience running internal communications or strategic communications in fast-growing companies
- Experience advising senior management on employee sentiment and internal comms imperatives
- Demonstrated history translating complex topics into simple and compelling messages with proven writing skills
- Experience producing communications across a variety of channels
- Experience in managing communications tools such as Zoom, Slido, Nova (or equivalent intranet), and Slack
- Produce and host company-wide meetings and events (such as All Hands meetings, town halls, and “Ask Me Anything” events) that promote trust, confidence, and engagement
- Develop an internal communications strategy that empowers Coursera employees to be productive, build community, and drive results
- Collaborate with executives to communicate proactively and reactively about issues and initiatives that impact employees
- Write internal narratives and messaging about Coursera's mission and impact, product innovation, and HR offerings
- Strengthen and re-imagine how we leverage multiple channels and tools to support remote work and asynchronous collaboration
- Work with PR team to grow Coursera's reputation as a great place to work
- Prior success planning and executing virtual events. Virtual production experience is a plus
- Experience working at a public company. Edtech industry experience a plus
- Experience working with People Operations (HR) or change communications
- Experience leading intranet implementation, governance, content strategy, and adoption
- Experience working on diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) communications
- English Major or an equivalent
Online education company
Coursera’s mission is to provide quality learning experience to anyone, anywhere. The company is building a global online learning platform that offers on-demand online courses and degrees.
- Lifelong learning - Coursera covers the cost of tuition so you can earn a free master’s degree and develop new skills. That’s on top of free, lifelong access to courses and certificates on the platform.
- Health and wellness - We offer medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your dependents. Plus, free access to counseling and mental health services.
- Parental leave - Get up to 16 weeks of fully-paid parental leave when you grow your family and bring a new child into your life.
- Make-a-thon - We host Make-a-thon events twice a year to promote community and innovation. During Make-a-thon, you’ll dedicate time to attend workshops, work on passion projects, and pursue ideas outside of your day-to-day work.
- Time away - Take paid time off when you need it. We have time off policies that promote flexibility so you can tailor your work schedule when life calls.
- Remote work - Our flexibility extends to where you work. You can choose to work from home, work from one of our offices, or try a combination of the two.
- Equity - Employees earn company stock, so you can own what we build together and share in our success.