Strategic Finance Associate Principal
Posted on 3/8/2023
London, UK • New York, NY, USA
- Exceptional Excel and financial modeling skills with a knack for robust simplicity
- Strong analytical and communication skills; you're able to both crunch numbers and discuss your analysis
- Sophisticated understanding of corporate finance and accounting
- Organized and independent; a self-starter who is comfortable taking on significant responsibility, operates with urgency, and proactively drives business results
- Creative and solutions-oriented; you're able to think on your feet when presented with a tough problem and willing to develop new approaches to challenges
- Passionate, kind and a real team player
- Minimum of 2-4 years of such experience in private equity, investment banking, management consulting, transaction services or in strategic finance / corporate finance / FP&A at either a high-growth startup or a blue chip company
- Bachelor's Degree
- Drive evaluation of key business initiatives including new products, pricing & revenue strategies, strategic partnerships, new market entry, and more
- Interpret key operational performance indicators, growth trends, and competitive positioning to inform strategic recommendations for senior management and Board of Directors
- Work cross-functionally with the Operations, Growth, Data, and Partnerships teams to streamline the implementation of initiatives and processes across the organization
- Work closely with the CFO and CRO as well as Sales, Partner Success, and Operations leaders to develop Via's revenue strategy and price opportunities with software partners around the world
- Work on corporate development initiatives (financings, M&A opportunities, investor relations, board and investor materials)
Via's mission is to create a truly dynamic mass transit system, liberated from the constraints of fixed routes and fixed schedules
- Competitive salaries and equity packages.
- Health and wellness benefits.
- Local volunteer opportunities.
- Support for all new parents.
- Learning opportunities through our Via-Versity.
- Employee Resource Groups.
Company Core Values
- Sharing - Sharing is a founding principle; it’s in our DNA. Sharing rides, yes (that one’s a no-brainer) but we’re also passionate about collaboration, resource and knowledge sharing, and even our successes and failures, too. We ride together, in all we do.
- Equity - Transportation is a great equalizer — it removes barriers to good jobs, quality healthcare, and educational opportunities for all. Where you live should not determine your economic mobility or overall quality of life.
- Sustainability - Building sustainable cities means working towards a car-free future. And in the short term, getting people out of their single occupancy vehicles and switching to electric vehicles wherever possible.
- AD&I - We’re committed to Anti-racism, Diversity, and Inclusion at Via, and in helping advance racial equity in transportation systems and through policy. A diverse and inclusive workforce is proven to drive real business success, and we work towards our AD&I goals every day.