Corporate Communications & PR Manager
Updated on 2/7/2023
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are proficient in writing news releases, pitches, talking points or speeches, and related PR materials
- You have experience building relationships with reporters
- You have on-the-record experience / have previously worked as a spokesperson for your organization
- You are flexible and adaptable to managing moving deadlines in a fast-paced environment, while maintaining close attention to detail
- You are organized and must be able to prioritize appropriately to develop multiple key deliverables simultaneously
- 4-6 years of experience on a PR & Communications team and/or in the field of journalism
- Focus on the day-to-day reactive responsibilities of the team
- Be a key player in implementing Guild's earned media strategy:
- Pitch and secure media coverage to advance Guild's mission
- Serve as the rapid response coordinator for the team by managing the [email protected] email account and facilitating responses to inbound press inquiries
- Support the team in building relationships with members of the press, with a particular focus on regional media markets and trades
- Develop PR materials for key announcements, external events, and initiatives
- Support maintenance of company-wide corporate messaging documents
- Provide ongoing PR support to partners, including maintaining resources that illustrate examples of shared success between Guild and partners and identifying industry specific opportunities in priority verticals
Education and upskilling platform
Guild is on a mission to unlock opportunity for America's workforce through education.
- Be an owner - Every employee is granted equity in Guild with a 4-year vesting schedule as well as a 401(k).
- Prioritize your time - We offer generous parental leave, PTO, and onsite daycare for Denver-based employees
- Have a learner's mindset - Guild offers student loan reimbursement, 100% tuition assistance for your first bachelor’s degree, and $10K/year toward additional education.
- Take care of yourself - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans because we care about the health and well-being of all Guild employees.
Company Core Values
- Nurture a Learner’s Mindset - We are fueled by curiosity, consciously seeking to make ourselves, each other, and the work continuously better.
- Create Belonging - We believe that belonging is essential to business. We are cultivating a community rooted in diversity and respect with heart and commitment, that’s in service of both our culture and all of our stakeholders.
- Build Shared Success - At Guild, success is not a zero sum game. We strive for the win-wins in both our work and in our impact, knowing we deliver the best outcome when we collaborate together and assume positive intent from all.
- Be an Owner - We each own a piece of Guild – as owners, we take responsibility today and always for our voices, actions and long term impact.