Manager – Business Operations & Strategy
Data & Product
Posted on 1/13/2023
San Francisco, CA, USA
Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
- BS in a technical field, such as Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or related field
- 7+ years of of overall professional experience with 4+ years of work experience analyzing large datasets in an analytics or scientific role
- Proficiency with SQL and querying big data frameworks
- Advanced experience with business intelligence tools such as Periscope, Tableau, Looker, etc
- Experience distilling technical information into business decisions, with a history of driving business outcomes
- Team oriented with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, fluid, environment
- Flexibility and willingness to pivot to new priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task, drive final products and deliver on tight timelines
- Passionate consumer of premium Movies & TV
- Provide team leadership on data where you will help define KPIs, source critical data and set up a robust data infrastructure and create road maps for parallel projects with the goal of: creating operational visibility to all aspects of the business, driving ROI-based decision making and performance of the company across all KPIs and initiatives. Which data set should the CEO, CFO/CSO review and why? You will be the owner
- This role will work as the liaison between BizOps and Data Science, Business Intelligence, and other Product teams to manage team work streams and build out data infrastructure and reporting. Additionally, the Manager will play an integral role in supporting the Finance organization with weekly, monthly, and quarterly KPI reporting
- Ideal candidate will work cross functionally focused on identifying and fulfilling data analysis requests in partnership with a driven and impactful team across several verticals including but not limited to: content, sales, growth, marketing and BD
- Content vertical is focused on deep dives into capturing financial performance of specific titles, financial modeling of potential content acquisition deals from dozens of content partners, deep dives into specific content initiatives to identify areas of opportunity for the business. This vertical includes, but is not limited to, identifying drivers of content performance, evaluating drivers of content viewership, optimization around machine learning driven content engines, building out of complex models for varying content deal types, and cost optimization around content deals
- Sales vertical is focused on deep dives into ad sales revenue streams of the business, cross sectional views of performance of direct, partner, specific advertisers as well as specific revenue KPIs (cpm, fill, capacity). Ample opportunity to expand into ad sales operations and streamlining opportunities for improvements
- Growth vertical is focused on return on investment on user acquisition spend across all channels, tradeoffs of resource allocation, evaluation of strategic opportunities across OTT platforms, and identifying barriers and solutions to scaling
- Marketing vertical is focused on tracking what is typically not analytical metrics, defining success and delineating roadmaps for roll out of marketing initiatives in a cost-effective manner
- BD vertical is focused on providing ROI analysis for new and existing deals. Partnering with internal teams to provide quantitative perspective and recommendations where appropriate. Additional opportunity to research new areas of expansion
- Experience working in Ad Tech, Media/Entertainment, or at a high-growth company
- Proficiency in Python or R
- Master's degree in statistics, mathematics, or related field
Tubi is the world's largest ad-supported video on demand (VOD) service. Available on Connected TV devices, Mobile, and the Web.
- Compensation - Every employee is paid a competitive & equitable salary.
- Benefits - We offer generous coverage for health, dental, vision, and more for you and your dependents.
- Parental Leave Program - We are proud to support growing families of all shapes and sizes and types. We welcome each new addition with generous paid time off to bond with your new addition.
- Wellness - Tubi cares about your well being inside and out. That’s why we offer multiple coverage options for mental and physical well being for you and your family as well as a fitness stipend.
- Tuition Reimbursement Program - Your professional growth and development are important to Tubi and we’re here to support you.
- 401(k) Match - Investing in your future is important to us. From our highly-rated retirement savings matches to financial advisors and planning services, we offer many resources to help keep you financially fit.
Company Core Values
- Team first
- Act with integrity
- Grow yourself
- Deliver Delight
- Own it