Backend Engineer - Delhi
Posted on 1/17/2022
Data Structures & Algorithms
- You will build a secure, highly available, fault tolerant and globally performant micro-services-based platform deployed on the AWS cloud which will form the backbone of GoDaddys business. The platform is being built from grounds up, so this is an opportunity to join a team building world class distributed system from scratch
- You will work in a scrum team and join forces with other engineers, product managers, architects, and sales & services representatives from within and out of the eCommerce group
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science/Engineering or a related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years industry experience in a software engineering role and building large scale distributed applications or solutions
- Strong experience in a programming language such as Java (preferred), Python, Node, Golang, etc
- Strong foundation in data structures, software designs, micro services, and containers
- 1+ years of Cloud computing experience using publicly available services, AWS is preferred
- Experience with relational and no-sql databases
- Experience in writing unit, integration, and smoke tests
- Experience of working in agile teams
- Familiarity with version control software, Git is preferred
- Experience in testing and deploying code using CI/CD technologies and patterns such as Github action workflows, Git, Git flow, Jenkins, Wercker, CircleCI, Bamboo, TeamCity, Gitlab, etc
- Familiarity with application performance monitoring tools such as Newrelic, ElasticAPM or Datadog
- Strong communication skills
World's largest domain registrar
GoDaddy's mission is to empower entrepreneurs everywhere, making opportunity more inclusive for all. They do this by democratizing access to basic IT tools.
- 401k with generous employer match, pre-tax / Roth options
- Shares of GDDY stock through grants
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Professional development & tuition support
- Subsidized meals
- Employer-paid trip reduction expenses
- Tax-advantaged accounts (FSA, HSA)
- Medical, dental, vision, disability, the works
- Liberal time away to rest & recharge
- Family-friendly options like day care subsidy, paid parental leave, adoption assistance and fertility coverage
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Benefits fairs, flu shots, wellness perks
- Tax-advantaged accounts (FSA, HSA)
- Company-wide celebrations and events: TechFest, Town Halls, picnics, holiday parties
- Team kudos and peer recognition programs
- Empower by GoDaddy matches charitable grants and offers volunteer opportunities
- Team-building and professional development
Company Core Values
- Ideas thrive here - You can’t change the world by playing it safe. We embrace innovative thinking and the big ideas it creates, and we celebrate when ideas become a reality.
- Pull together - Our collaborative focus transforms individual ideas and strengths into collective action and solutions. We don’t do silos, and small teams have the resources to tackle big problems.
- Your potential is boundless - With ample opportunity to learn, stretch and contribute, anyone in any role can grow into a better professional, colleague and person.
- We love to have a good time - We enjoy a good hike or happy hour just as much as a successful product launch, which is why employees get every chance to live passionately outside the office.
- Diversity drives us - To change the world for the better, we need a team as diverse as the entrepreneurs we empower around the world.
- We’re customer-obsessed - Our customers are creative people doing amazing things, and that inspires us every day. We do our best work because we know it impacts the success of entrepreneurs everywhere.