To learn the Hiring Ranges for this position, please select your location from the Apply Now dropdown menu.
To learn more about our Hiring Range System, please click this link.
Locations: This role is working remotely from your home office in UK, France or Germany.
A lot of companies say they’re “mission-driven”. Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product — the Firefox browser — has expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts them of risks.
Are you eager to build a better internet? Join Mozilla’s European marketing team as a Marketing activation manager. We are looking for someone who is passionate about user journeys, channel strategies and execution, particularly in the owned channel (inbound) space and SEO. The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of how to plan, execute and measure marketing campaigns and will use their previous experience to help us find new ways to bring consumers into our products and services and drive retention and reduce churn. They are excited about digital marketing and want to balance established tactics with experimentation and emerging trends. They are comfortable analyzing data, understanding consumer insights and connecting these into business narratives.
This is an individual contributor role reporting to our Director of Marketing Activations, Europe.
What You’ll Get To Do
- Develop and implement the B2C inbound channel strategy for Mozilla across the EU with focus on Germany, France and UK for all Mozilla products
- Focus areas are: SEO and inbound/owned channels (incl. E-Mail, Blog, Website, in-app, Landing pages, etc.) with focus on mobile
- Complement full funnel Marketing with compelling inbound Marketing to a holistic & integrated user journey (from awareness to retention)
- Own inbound channel measurement for EU and report on the impact it makes to the Marketing and business goals
- Own overarching Marketing projects for our products beyond your own area of responsibility to learn, lead and grow within the organization
- Pro-actively share insights and learnings to inform the broader team for better decision making
- Influence our overall Marketing content calendar through trends, insights and data from our inbound activities
- Keep up to date with the latest trends in your respective area as digital marketing has become enormously dynamic
- Be a strong integrator with the rest of the team to show up as ONE team
- Enjoy what you are passionate about and show us how you enrich our team
What You Bring
- Min. 5 years experience in Digital Marketing, with minimum 2 years in inbound/owned channels, profound SEO experience is a plus
- Experience in full funnel Marketing from top to bottom to know the role of inbound (owned) Marketing within the broader scope
- Experience in mobile/in-app Marketing
- Altitude: enjoys both strategic thinking and planning while being in charge of implementation on an operational level with indirect team and agency support
- Experience in comfortably navigating in content management systems, automation tools and creative applications
- Growth hacking: mindset to constantly improve inbound channel performance – test & learn - based on business goals and better user experience
- Measurement: experience in building data infrastructure and designing experiments with key stakeholders to generate actionable insights
- Data storytelling: the ability to identify hypothesis, key questions and metrics to draw conclusions and formulate this to a management narrative
- Experience in scaling digital Marketing channels within an organization
- High level of ownership and data-affinity
Mozilla Marketing is a lean, agile organization of roughly 60 people whose size belies its power. This team supports multiple business units and projects in varying stages of lifecycle. With specialists in multiple subject areas this group operates as one team under the mantra that great marketing begins and ends with great content. You’re laser-focused on attracting new users, and raising product and brand awareness by relentlessly developing, distributing and promoting compelling messages and stories through engaging and culturally relevant content.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at [email protected] to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Req ID: R2019