Helping the Everyday Consumer Build Financial Health
As a leading financial technology platform, OppFi powers banks to bring credit access to millions of everyday consumers who are locked out of mainstream financial options. We go beyond our mission - to help people rebuild financial health - and go further to ensure we keep the customer at the center of everything we do. We are creating a Customer-obsessed culture, with the capital “C”.
And it starts with our team here. We are a team of caring, innovative, and inclusive individuals who thrive in being immersed in diverse talents, expertise, perspectives and backgrounds. Our employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We welcome individuals who want to make a difference in the financial system through creating and building simple, transparent products that facilitate credit access, enable savings, and build wealth.
A few other fun facts about us. OppFi is an Inc. 5000 company for six straight years, a Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™, the seventh fastest-growing Chicagoland company by Crain’s Chicago Business, and was named on Built In’s 2022 Best Places to Work in Chicago.
What you’ll get to do:
- Monitor customer portfolio and ensure adherence to the credit policy and procedures
- Design and implement comprehensive analysis to evaluate portfolio risk as part of the credit review process including impact analysis from strategy changes
- Leverage machine learning risk models and advanced analytics techniques to design long-term solution including enhancements of existing strategies and building new rules
- Work with cross-functional team to identify credit risk improvement opportunities and build strategy to deliver incremental business value
- Actively seek out opportunities to innovate by using non-traditional data and advanced analytic methodologies
- Build report to track funnel conversion and identify insights from performance metric; summarize and present findings and recommendations to senior leadership
- Conduct A/B testing when implementing new risk strategies or rolling out new product features
- Work in close collaboration with other data scientists and analysts in the team in model development phase and plan to implement relevant business strategies
What you’ll bring to the team:
- BA/BS degree with specialization in business, finance, economics, statistics, computer science
- Strong analytical and data science skills including knowledge of Statistical concepts like Hypothesis testing, Confidence Interval, etc and Machine Learning techniques such as XGBoost, Random Forest, Linear Regression
- Hands on experience with data analytics/programming tools such as SQL, R/Python is required
- Strong problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual rigor as well as strong interpersonal and communication skill
- Aptitude and interest in learning about business processes, and applying data science techniques and analysis in improving key metrics
- Experience Interpreting analysis, test, and model results, and make informed recommendations across all levels of the business
- Experience in banking / consumer lending industry preferred
- Experience in risk analytics (model development, strategy and framework, scorecard development, documentation, validation, governance, implementation and automation etc.) will be a strong advantage
- Understanding of credit bureaus and non-traditional data providers will be a plus
Reports to: Manager, Credit
Job Level: Associate
The minimum salary for this role is $78,300. The total compensation package includes eligibility for performance-based bonuses as well as a 1-time equity grant based on level.
The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be at the company’s sole discretion, and determined by a myriad of factors including, but not limited to, years of experience, depth of experience, and other relevant business considerations.
Define your career at OppFi
OppFi is committed to providing an exceptional employee experience from Day 1. Key new hire programs include Day 1 Orientation, training with your manager and team, lunches with our CEO, and an educational summit featuring presentations by our senior leaders. Throughout and beyond your first-year journey, you’ll have access to a variety of events focused on culture, inclusion, connection, and education. We want you to feel welcomed, informed, and valued for who you are and what you bring to our company.
- Day 1 - Month 3: Define Your Mission
You’ll understand our company mission, values, and vision, and how your position at OppFi plays a part in that. With the help of your manager, you’ll set mission-aligned goals to make an impact in your role.
- Months 3 - 6: Define Your Belonging
You’ll understand OppFi’s culture and know how to engage with and influence that culture.
- Months 6 - 12: Define Your JourneyYou’ll feel confident in your ability to execute in your role and empowered to take next steps in developing your career at OppFi.
Compensation and Benefits
OppFi offers a flexible remote environment, 401(k) matching program, and flexible paid vacation. Other benefits include medical benefits, dental and vision coverage, and tuition reimbursement. To support your wellness & growth, we provide monthly meditation and yoga classes and access to all LinkedIn Learning courses. We also offer Fringe, which is a lifestyle benefits platform that lets you decide how you want to spend your rewards from dozens of vendors like Uber, Doordash, and Urban Sitter. Dress code is casual.
OppFi is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on any actual or perceived legally recognized protected bases under local, state, or federal law or regulations. Our goal as a company is to build an equitable workplace that actively works to dismantle systems of oppression in our processes, procedures, and interactions. We aim to help our employees thrive where they work and beyond. Check out our Culture page here.
OppFi is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, OppFi will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our People team at [email protected]. #LI-Remote