📍Remote | 💰 £30,000 - £37,000 + Benefits | Business Banking at Monzo
We’re here to make money work for everyone and we’re doing things differently. For too long, banking has been obtuse, complex and opaque.
We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
We’re focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people’s lives through Monzo.
About our team:
Monzo was recently awarded Best Business Banking Provider at the British Bank Awards and we plan for significant growth in this area over the forthcoming years.
We work in an extremely fast paced environment with process changes and managing incidents on a daily basis so flexibility and resilience are key skills required along with leading a team of Level 1 and Level 2 Financial Crime Investigators. Your span of control will sit around 11 FTE but can vary up to around 14/15 investigators at any given time. You will have the ability to drive and foster a community environment for our Business Banking.
What you’ll be using:You will be responsible for successfully driving consistent performance across all targeted areas with the ability to coach individuals that may require support. Your team will be focused on a number of different FinCrime tasks conducted at onboarding and during the lifecycle of our business accounts including due diligence, transaction monitoring, writing suspicious activity reports, account closures and escalations.You will be the 1st point of escalation so having Business Banking Fincrime Knowledge is required and hold regular meetings with your team, both individually and together ensuring everyone is informed and engaged. Having the ability to provide feedback with kindness that includes having difficult conversations is key, capable of supporting and coaching, writing meaningful development plans with regular review. Team Managers are also heavily involved in our hiring processes, and regularly act as interviewers - so you’ll have the opportunity to help shape the team as it continues to grow.
- Leading and coaching approx.11-13 Financial Crime Business Banking Investigators
- Target focused, driving and fostering an empathetic, high-performance culture in the team and community
- Supporting your team with their schedules, holidays and working hours
- Providing coaching on tasks as the 1st point of escalation
- Analysing and understanding management information (MI) looking at trends and reporting relevant insights.
- Monitoring and ensuring your team are achieving availability targets
- Creating action plans on the back of Employee surveys to address gaps/concerns in the team and community
- Positively communicating and embedding change that impacts Business Banking
- Contributing to a strong control environment by minimising breaches and risk events.
- Reviewing complaints attributed to the team and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Conducting job interviews for Financial Crime Investigators and contributing to hiring decisions.
- Chairing employee relations cases and making decisions consistent with Monzo’s processes.
You should apply if:
- You have exceptional knowledge of Fincrime, Fincrime Business Banking and/ or Business Banking
- Demonstrated leadership experience as a Team Manager in Fincrime Business Banking
- You have strong coaching abilities
The Interview Process:
Our interview process involves 3 main stages:
- Application questions
- Take home task
- Leadership interview
- Technical interview
Please note you should submit your own application without help from other sources e.g Others/ChatGPT any applications whereby external support has been provided will be disqualified. Our average process takes around 2-3 weeks but we will always work around your availability. You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process but if you do have any specific questions ahead of this please contact us on [email protected]
What’s in it for you:
💰 £30,000 - £37,000 ➕ plus stock options & benefits
📍This role is remote and can be based anywhere in the UK ⏰ To ensure your team are supported your working hours will be Monday to Friday 9am - 6pm and will be scheduled on a rotation basis for weekend working.
📚 Learning budget of £1,000 a year for books, training courses and conferences
➕ And much more, see our full list of benefits here
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in ourblog, 2021Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2022Gender Pay Gap Report.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, or veteran, neurodiversity or disability status.