Intern – Mechanical Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Morrisville, NC, USA • Texarkana, TX, USA
- Attending an accredited University studying toward a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Interested in conducting design reviews and working within cross-functional teams including electrical, software, firmware, manufacturing, marketing and supply chain
- Exposure to engineering tools such as tolerance analysis, FEA and 3D CAD modeling
- Desire and ability to learn new tools, languages and design techniques
- A strong sense of ownership and drive
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer focus
- Some exposure with common product manufacturing processes such as hot plate welding, heat staking, ultrasonic welding, potting and parylene coating Solid understanding of analog and digital circuitry
- Some experience with 3D CAD modeling software and data management tools; Creo (Pro Engineer) and Windchill preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, orally with both local and remote sites
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment of engineers to meet aggressive goals and high-quality standards
- Demonstrated experience working with cross functional teams
- Experience with product testing and root cause analysis
- Familiar with regulatory agency requirements such as ANSI, AWWA, UL
- Exposure to a fast-paced team environment where you have interfaced regularly with electrical, back-end software, mechanical and system test engineers on system level design development
Innovative water solutions
Xylem helps consumers solve water. The company works to bring clean water, sanitation and hygiene education to schools and communities in emerging markets, and respond with water solutions when disaster strikes around the globe
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Company Core Values
- Respect: for each other, for diversity of people and opinions, for the environment
- Responsibility: for our words and actions, for customer satisfaction, for giving back to our communities
- Integrity: for acting ethically, for doing what we say we’ll do, for having the courage to communicate with candor
- Creativity: for thinking beyond boundaries, for anticipating tomorrow’s challenges, for unlocking growth potential