Lead Software Engineer
Posted on 5/6/2022
Remote • United States
- BS in Computer Science/Software Engineering, or similar
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- 3+ years as a data engineer or working on data pipelines
- Some people management or mentorship experience
- Experience with SQL databases and data warehousing
- Experience with Python
- Able to work on greenfield projects as well as take ownership of existing pipelines
- Can explain complex technical concepts and can share your knowledge with diverse audiences
- Experience with ETL, data pipelines, MapReduce, Spark, Lambda, and Postgres encouraged
- The anticipated salary range for this role is $200,000 - $235,000 + Equity. Variable may vary based on location, experience, and qualifications
- Develop core infrastructure or a framework that can be used for all new data pipelines
- Bring data warehousing to the company by selecting and integrating with a vendor
- Implement MapReduce to support large-scale ML experiments
- Work with ML, BI, and analytics users to understand their use cases and optimize our databases for analytics
- Explore new technologies and bring your expertise to AKASA
Healthcare Data Platform
Akasa's mission is to remedy the financial complexity crippling America through unified automation. The company is building a data-centric platform to simplify healthcare finances.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Generous coverage for health, dental, and vision insurance.
- Free membership to One Medical for you and your family.
- Health FSA account.
- Full employee coverage for life insurance.
- 401K plan.
Company Core Values
- Commit to Excellence.
- Lead With Empathy.
- Build Trust.
- Be Brave.
- Empower Yourself & Others.
- Play the Team.