We’ve built tech that takes RFID a giant leap forward. Be part of an exciting, well-funded startup changing the world of retail. RADAR’s mission is to revolutionize customer experience in retail through precise identification of inventory in the stores and distribution centers. Faster reads and better accuracy means we know where things are and when they move. This position is primarily a software engineering role focused on both design and implementation, but also part of a small team to specify and build custom hardware/software. The initial product is a networked cluster of embedded systems providing compute resources, wireless communication, video capture, and wired networking implemented on a custom hardware platform. An ideal candidate will have previous experience or an academic background in wireless communication systems, networking, computer architecture, and hardware devices.
About the Job
- Implement advanced algorithms in RFID and other protocols on a real-time embedded processor
- Contribute to architecture decisions on the partitioning of processing across different layers of the overall system.
- Contribute to planning future generations of the product.
- Collaborate with team members of other engineering disciplines in all phases of the engineering process including analysis, design, implementation and test.
- BS/MS, Computer/Electronics/Electrical Engineering or similar
- 3 - 5 years of experience developing real-time, embedded systems.
- Strong understanding of real-time operating systems, computer architecture, networking, and wireless communication systems.
- Strong understanding and experience with C and C++ with a Strong understanding of API concepts, and System software.
- Experience developing on Linux operating systems is required and working on ARM platforms/Xilinx are a plus.
- Proficient in, at least, one scripting language (Python preferred).
What We’re Looking For In Teammates
Technology like what we’re building doesn’t happen on its own. It is the result of a collaborative environment and the hard work of passionate, dedicated individuals working intelligently towards a common goal. We are looking for exceptional people to join our growing team and have a positive impact on our culture, technology, and product from day one. We deeply value humility, curiosity, and a positive attitude and you should as well. You should also believe that mutual respect is the foundation of any healthy and productive relationship. You should be unafraid to ask questions or challenge responses no matter how simple or complex. Most importantly, you should value honest and direct communication as you recognize that this is the best way for any individual or team to continuously learn and grow. Accomplishing our collective goals will be fun but it will also be hard; you should be in pursuit of an ongoing and rewarding challenge!
What It’s Like To Work With Us
We’re passionate about the technology we’ve created and what we’re building, but we know that changing any industry and creating a successful company will take balance, maturity, and a sustained effort. We’ve combined retail industry expertise, amazing engineers with experience shipping real-world hardware and software solutions, and a team of brilliant minds who are not afraid to focus on solving “impossible” problems. But this passion doesn’t mean we live unbalanced lives. We have families and passions outside of work, and we know that the best work comes from sharp, rested people. We respect each other and each of our contributions, and we believe that the best solutions will come from a diversity of ideas and perspectives.
Finally, we build our products with deep empathy for the people who will use them every day. Their input and insights are our clearest guide to building what they need; we respect our partners and clients, and listen closely to their feedback.