Linux Systems Administration-SSC
Posted on 11/13/2022
Bay St Louis, MS, USA
- Must hold an active in scope SECRET clearance or have the ability to obtain Interim SECRET eligibility prior to start. (US Citizenship required)
- Must hold a HS diploma with a minimum of 6 years related experience or AS +4, or BS +2, or MS
- Must hold current DOD 8570 IAT II certification (CCNA-Security, CND, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, or SSCP) prior to start
- Communicates effectively both orally and in a written form with users and office staff
- Provide for RedHat Linux systems administration, performance tuning, client security administration, systems software support, and technology assessments in support of a multi-platform UNIX environment
- Perform systems enhancement, configuration, maintenance, installation, interfaces, coordination, and software installations and upgrades to UNIX operating systems and layered software packages
- Monitor and tunes systems to achieve optimum level of performance in accordance with established policies, procedures, and service level agreements
- Perform acceptance testing of modules, subsystems, and total systems. Will be responsible to perform software installation and configuration
- Monitor log files, performance issues, and the production environment for mission critical systems
- Demonstrate ability to set priorities and organize work to meet deadlines
- Ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines
- Server Administration experience
- VI Editor experience
Scientific & engineering systems integration service
Leidos’s mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering, and science. The company is a leader in systems integration and technical solutions while working closely with all branches of the U.S. military, the U.S. Department of Defense, other U.S. government civil agencies, and also customers in select markets across the globe.
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Health Savings account
- Income protection
- Paid parental leave
- Jury duty pay
- Bereavement leave
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Family Benefits
Company Core Values
- Integrity: Is having the courage to make tough ethical decisions, taking pride in our work, being transparent with our team, and being respectful of everyone.
- Inclusion: Is fostering a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
- Innovation: Is not limited to our engineers and scientists. It is acting as a catalyst. Being tenacious and curious to help us excel and be a part of a learning organization.
- Agility: Is being flexible, creative, and resilient. It is our ability to think and act small while using the size and strength of our balance sheet to our advantage.
- Collaboration: Is being team-oriented and proactively engaging to meet shared objectives. It is about building relationships and staying connected with each other.
- Commitment: Is being accountable, taking ownership, modeling servant leadership, and operating with a sense of urgency to our customers and teams.