Senior Staff Devops Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Remote in USA
Development Operations (DevOps)
Ruby on Rails
- Work with the DevOps team and the outside stakeholders to align on long-term vision and translate it into an actionable plan
- Work with the Product team and management on putting together roadmaps and quarterly objectives
- Facilitate knowledge sharing within the team and across the organization, evangelize and persuade to drive organization-wide changes
- Provide technical guidance and help the engineering organization formulate, adopt and adhere to DevOps best practices
- Identify opportunities for improving processes and help set priorities
- Contribute to team projects by creating POCs, helping the team with estimates, defining and planning project objectives, and executing to completion
- Participate in on-call rotation, and help create and maintain documentation
- 10+ yrs experience in distributed systems and microservice-based architectures
- 7+ yrs experience in AWS or a similar cloud service provider
- 5+ yrs experience in Kubernetes, including use of operators; EKS, Helm; Experience with other orchestration and containerization tooling would be a plus
- Experience with presentations and leading major technical project initiatives
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written
- Strong experience in IaC, Terraform & Terragrunt
- Experience with CI/CD best practices, tools. GitLab and ArgoCD - strong preference
- Strong experience with regard to infrastructure security best practices; application security
- Experience with Kafka or other event streaming solutions
- Experience with Hashicorp Vault, or similar secrets management tools
- Fluency in Go; familiarity with Ruby on Rails preferred
- Experience with monitoring systems and dashboard tools: DataDog, NewRelic, Splunk etc
- One of Checkr's core values is Transparency. To live by that value, we've made the decision to disclose salary ranges in all of our job postings. We use geographic cost of labor as an input to develop ranges for our roles and as such, each location where we hire may have a different range. If this role is remote, we have listed the top to the bottom of the possible range, but we will specify the target range for an exact location when you are selected for a recruiting discussion. The salary range for this role is $154,203- $320,965
- Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
- Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace
- Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr's commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance
Automating professional background checks
Checkr powers people infrastructure for the future of work. With artificial intelligence and machine learning, Checkr's solutions make background checks faster—building a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all.
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to 25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
Company Core Values
- Humility: We are respectful and free from arrogance. We put the success of our employees over our company and are excited to learn from each other.
- Transparency: We trust each other to communicate the good and the bad as it relates to doing our best work. We aren’t afraid to voice our opinions and are receptive to feedback.
- Grit: We are passionate and hustle to raise the bar. We persevere through our challenges and grow from our failures.
- Ownership: We strive for thoughtful impact, take pride in our work, and hold ourselves accountable. We step up and take on new challenges to help further the success of the company.
- Connection: We genuinely care about each other and understand that our people are our power. We celebrate our lived experiences and enjoy helping and supporting each other.