Software Engineer – Intern
Posted on 8/19/2022
Menlo Park, CA, USA
- Enrolled in a Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD program studying Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction, Applied Mathematics, Computer Engineering, or a degree in a related field
- Preferred graduation date between December 2023 - June 2024
- Proficient in one of more of the following languages: Python, Go, Java, and/or C++
- Knowledge and interest in one or more of the following: Cloud Services, Web Toolkits, File Systems, Database Systems, and Machine Learning
- Solid communication and collaboration and a strong eagerness to learn
- Partner alongside other interns and full-time team members to design and develop a distributed operating system platform that powers Instabase's services and applications
- Work across a wide array of services that comprise the core components of the operating system, including file services, database storage, access control, account management, authentication, encryption, search and more
- Develop new features that can be leveraged by the other Instabase teams to develop apps and solutions
- Enable front-end engineers to develop the Instabase UI around the platform
- Build and scale a backend infrastructure that can run millions of tasks on thousands of machines with reliable SLA guarantees. You'll work closely with other engineers in designing the infrastructure as well as interfaces for new applications
Automation platform for businesses
Instabase is on a mission to democratize access to deep learning to empower any organization to solve unstructured data problems with unprecedented accuracy.
- Healthcare and Wellness - We marry the benefits of moving fast at a scaling startup with the stability of larger corporations. Instabase pays 100% of top tier employee medical, dental, vision plans and takes care of dependents. Instabase also offers an FSA company match.
- Financial Planning - Instabase believes in investing in you and your future by providing a company 401(k) match and financial planning resources.
- Family Planning - Every Instabaser is eligible for paid time off to care for their newborn or adopted child. We’ve also teamed up with Carrot Fertility to help support every Instabaser on their family forming journey.
- Paid Time Off - At Instabase, we believe in providing employees the ability to rest, reflect, and recharge through unlimited paid time off and holidays.
Company Core Values
- Customer Obsessed - We always start with what is best for our customers and users -- that informs everything we do and our priorities. We must earn and maintain their trust, and invest in their long term success.
- A healthy disregard for the impossible - We go after problems that most others would consider impossible. In that pursuit, we take a long term view as we execute. We are fearlessly experimental, and we are not afraid of failure.
- We are a community - We’re connected to each other through our shared passion and dedication for the mission. We are here to win, and in that pursuit, we’ll empower, support, and help each other. We’ll be selfless in that undertaking.