At Cast & Crew, we’ve empowered creativity and supported the global entertainment industry for decades.
We grew from a modest small business in 1976 to be the premiere provider of entertainment technology and solutions, staying true to our mission of modernizing content production and leading the digital transformation within the industry. With a global workforce across a host of storied brands, our cloud-based technology and industry expertise span all areas of produced and live entertainment, from film, television, streaming, to advertising, live events, and short-form.
Together with our family of brands - Backstage, CAPS, Checks & Balances, Final Draft, Media Services, Sargent-Disc, and The TEAM Companies – we operate as a combined entertainment technology and services provider offering industry standard screenwriting accounting software, digital payroll products, data & reporting, and a host of creative tools. The industry continues to move faster than ever, and the need for our expertise, our technology, and our people has never been greater. We are a production’s best ally every step of the way. #OneCastOneCrew
Hybrid-Remote (Burbank, CA)
The Payroll Coordinator processes payroll for assigned shows and to be the point of contact for the client in aspects of payroll processing. The Payroll Coordinator is expected to proficiently demonstrate payroll processing ability in all US related payrolls, union and non-union. Extensive knowledge of all (Hollywood) I.A.T.S.E. locals, guilds and contracts, both TV and Theatrical, is highly preferred. This position may be remote with occasional in-office work at our Burbank location as needed.
- Process in-coming payroll, which includes breaking of timecards following all applicable Federal, State, and Collective Bargaining Agreements.
- Accountable and responsible for quality service in assisting and servicing clients in regards to payroll production, tax-related issues, answering pertinent questions, and problem-solving in compliance with company policy and procedure.
- Proficient knowledge and utilization of payroll database system. Should be familiar with applicable programs: invoice, batch, timecard editor; and reports: timecard verification, fringe, payroll history, cast list, gross wages.
- Maintaining accurate and acceptable files on each client/show, following company policy and procedure.
- Maintain the client relationship as it related to the weekly processing of the client’s payroll. This includes responding to questions and resolving payroll issues.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as assigned.
- Multi-level relationship building skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication ability.
- Ability to work towards the team and individual goals.
- Knowledge in using an analytical approach to breaking payroll.
- Must exhibit a sense of urgency concerning client servicing.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent PC skills.
- Flexibility to shift priorities as needed to service the team’s clients.
- Understanding of and commitment to maintaining current knowledge of industry trends, concepts, products, practices, and financial arrangement.
- Must have the ability to break payroll and learn advanced concepts when ready.
- Self-motivated, must be able to work independently, goal oriented and people oriented.
- Schedule must be flexible to accommodate workload and client needs.
- Able to work overtime as needed.
- Four-year college degree or equivalent work experience.
- 2-5 years’ experience in processing high-volume payroll (multi-state, entertainment union) for the entertainment industry.
Special Work Conditions
- Sedentary – Involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Some positions may entail exerting up to 15 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force to lift, carry, push, or pull.
Compensation is commensurate with various factors including, but not limited to, relevant experience, qualifications, skills, training, licensure, certifications, geographic cost of labor, and other business and organizational needs. Compensation range for candidates in other locations may differ based on the cost of labor in that location.
The compensation range for this position is:
Cast & Crew provides a comprehensive package of employee benefits including: Medical, Dental, Life/AD&D; LTD, additional voluntary benefits such as STD, Vision, paid vacation, holidays, and sick pay; 401(k) and employer match, Additional Life Insurance, health and wellness programs, employee discounts, and other perks!
Note: Cast & Crew benefits are subject to eligibility requirements.
Due to the high volume of applicants, it is likely that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Candidates must be currently authorized to work in the U.S.
CA residents: Your personal information may be collected in connection with certain services provided by Cast & Crew or its affiliated companies. A summary of your California privacy rights can be found at: https://www.castandcrew.com/privacy-policy/
Cast & Crew is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.