Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to create an abundant and decarbonized material future. Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
We have an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Commissioning Manager. The driving force behind our growth is a skilled and dedicated commissioning team who ensure our plants function correctly and produce the expected results. A Commissioning Manager assumes responsibility to ensure a plant has been designed, procured, fabricated, installed, tested and prepared for operation in accordance with design drawings and specifications and to support, define and organize the start-up, testing and commissioning activities for multiple plant deployments. The Commissioning Manager will work to ensure all job tasks related to plant start-up and commissioning are planned for and completed within pre-established schedules. This individual will be required to secure and maintain strong working relationships with our client’s corporate support functions, along with various contractors and key equipment vendors.
You will be based at our facility in San Carlos, CA, and will report to the VP of Business Operations.
- Manage commissioning, testing and start-up of plant deployments
- Prioritize safety, clearly communicating expectations and setting an example for the team
- Collaborate with our Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) team as your partner
- Identify and mitigate potential safety and program risks and escalate as appropriate
- Monitor progress, record all test results, document final testing and acceptance of equipment
- Track schedules, provide progress updates and proactively identify schedule constraints
- Comprehend and ensure compliance with applicable regulations and standards
- Review engineering design to ensure commissioning requirements are considered
- Identify opportunities to improve upon prior plant deployments
- Develop plant commissioning, testing and start-up standard procedures
- Create standard tools to gather, track and assess information during plant commissioning
- Develop documentation (user manuals, training materials etc.) to enable customer success
- Operate independently, balancing the needs of concurrent deployments
- Achieve the required plant performance
- Coordinate a successful handover of plant operation to customers
- 8+ years of field commissioning experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or similar fiel
- Outstanding communication, presentation and interpersonal abilities
- Strong adherence to deadlines
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Proven success working with all levels of management
- Ability to manage multiple fast paced projects and complete in a timely manner
- Experience working on large construction projects
- Experience with equipment testing (e.g., water treatment, pumps, chillers, power systems, etc.)
- Problem-solving and leadership skills
- Able to travel 25-50% time
- Strong working knowledge of desktop applications (e.g., Microsoft Office)
- Master’s degree in Engineering or similar field
- Certifications preferred: LEED, PMCS, OSHA, PMP, ACG, CCP, BCA, NFPA, NABCEP, AP
- Background in energy/climate related businesses
- Experience working with deeply technical engineering teams
- Passionate about decarbonization
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Commissioning Manager (P4):
[San Carlos, CA Zone]
Actual base salary offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
Base salary is just one part of Electric Hydrogen’s total rewards package. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. In addition to the base salary offered, the hired applicant may receive:
- an equity grant
- time off programs
- a $75/month cell phone allowance
- a 4% employer 401(k) match
- 100% fully paid premiums for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- a discretionary bonus
Electric Hydrogen’s benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world’s experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world’s top venture capital firms, we design and manufacture electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to create green hydrogen by splitting water. We are building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. We were founded in 2020 and are based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all to belong. We are aware that people from historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they don’t meet 100% of the job requirements. We are actively working on efforts to change this social norm. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply!