Principal Electronics Manufacturing Engineer II
Posted on 9/29/2023
Engineers and manufactures space communication systems.
CesiumAstro stands out as a leading company in the aerospace industry, offering tailored, mission-ready solutions for both commercial and defense applications. Their competitive advantage lies in their full-stack modular product line, which allows for customization based on specific payload requirements. With a diverse global operation that includes hardware and software engineering, manufacturing, mission systems, and wireless communications engineering, the company fosters a culture of technical excellence and industry leadership.
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↑ 10%
1 year growth↑ 27%
2 year growth↑ 66%
Austin, TX, USA
- 9+ years of relevant manufacturing experience
- Experience with Design for Manufacturability (DFM) of electronics hardware.
- Knowledge of industry standards such as IPC-A-610 and J-STD-001.
- Experience with change management, nonconformance documentation, root cause analysis, corrective action systems, and acceptance criteria.
- Experience with cost analysis, managing suppliers, and configuration management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Responsible for the manufacturing of Cesium’s diverse array of electronic assemblies for satellites and other aerospace platforms.
- Serve as Cesium’s in-house expert and primary point-of-contact for contract manufacturers (CMs).
- Perform highly technical manufacturing analysis and design, such as choosing solder chemistries and root-causing non-compliances.
- Perform administrative functions like supplier review and process documentation.
- Work closely with the engineering team, program management, and external contract manufacturers to industrialize space products.
- Serve as a technical and professional mentor in the field.
- Experience with statistical process control.
- Experience in aerospace or other high-reliability industries.
- Proficiency with PLM and ERP software.
- Proficiency in AS9100/ISO9001 quality management system requirements.
- Proficiency in lean manufacturing methodologies.
- Experience successfully tackling multiple high-priority tasks.