Posted on 6/30/2021
San Francisco, CA, USA
- 2 to 4 years in FP&A, investment banking, management consulting, and/or forecasting roles
- Fluency in Excel and/or Google suite products
- SQL experience strongly preferred
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Self-motivation, low ego, stellar work ethic, and a passion for solving complex business and operational problems
- Using multiple sources of data available to Opendoor to create forecasts for revenue
- Creation and analysis of PnL statements for Opendoors markets
- Working with stakeholders in Finance, Ops, Pricing, and Product to continuously improve the monthly / annual forecasting process
- Playing a key role in monthly business reviews
- Providing key inputs into Opendoors market level pricing operations
- Experience in stakeholder management and / or business partnering
- Experience at fast-paced, high-growth technology start-up
- Experience with BI tools (e.g. Looker, Mode, BigQuery, Snowflake)
Leading digital platform for residential real estate
Pendo is on a mission to elevate the world's experiences with software
- Happier workdays - Add a little fun to your workday with Pendo board game night, team karaoke, ping pong, or enjoy a local brew on our rooftop deck.
- Health and wellness benefits - Generous health and wellness plans designed to meet the needs of you and your family, including medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Paid parental leave - Up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave, and a flexible schedule upon your return to help you make the most of those special moments.
- Learning and development - In-house management development classes, guest speaker lunch and learns, and select conferences help keep talent sharp.
- Flexible work hours and PTO - Enjoy the benefits of a flexible time off policy, flexible work hours, and paid parental leave.
- Global offices - Work across the globe in the cities that we love like Raleigh, San Francisco, New York, Herzliya, Tokyo, London and Sheffield.
Company Core Values
- Respect our lives outside of work - We bring our whole selves to work and celebrate what makes each other unique.
- Be direct & transparent - As individuals we are timely, candid, and respectful in providing feedback–even when it’s hard to do so.
- Maniacal focus on the customer - If there’s an opportunity to improve the customer experience, we do it.
- Bias to act - We take initiative to get things done, collaborate, and go above and beyond the call of duty.
- Show me the data - No matter what the decision, data should be the primary input for decision making.
- Act like owners - We use good judgement in our actions & decisions and implicitly have the trust from our colleagues to be able to do so.
- Win together - We succeed together & challenge each other to grow. We collaborate & support one another as a team.