Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
Join Axon and be a Force for Good
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company’s inception building the TASER to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we’re going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won’t stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
You will help us enhance and implement secure coding practices for our current Axon product family as well as new products currently under design. You will help select and build advanced tooling to help the dev teams write secure code without destroying their flow. You will instrumentally be the advocate of these best practices to foster a culture of code security to ensure we build the most secure product possible.
What You’ll Do
Location: Remotely from United States OR Onsite at our Seattle, WA office.
Reports to: Director of Security Engineering & Operations
Direct Reports: none
- Be a critical resource for our engineering teams on all manner of security matters
- Work side-by-side with developers and project managers alike while addressing security concerns
- Make architectural decisions critical to our products
- Survey the backlog of projects, prioritize appropriately, and shepherd solutions through with persistence
What You Bring
- 3-5 years professional experience
- Software engineering background; with a current focus on secure application development
- Great at finding ways to break applications AND assisting dev teams in securing threats from both known and unknown vulnerabilities
- Deep understanding of common application flaws, and how to fix them
- Fluent in application attack tools and methodologies
- Ability to think creatively about potential attack vectors and propose creative solutions on the fly
- Experience automating security tests into the development process
- Ability to work independently and comfortably in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of common authentication and authorization methodologies
- Passionate about security; involved in the application security community
- Experience teaching secure code practices; in 1:1 situations or to large teams
- Experience with Internet of Things (IoT) firmware security challenges
- Experience with DevOps processes in a Cloud/SaaS environment
- Experience with secure mobile device development and mobile app pen testing
- Experience with operating static and dynamic security scanning tools
Benefits that Benefit You
- Competitive salary and 401k with employer match
- Discretionarypaid time off
- Paid parental leave for all
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Fitness Programs
- Emotional & Mental Wellness support
- Learning & Development programs
- And yes, we have snacks in our offices
*Benefits listed herein may vary depending on the nature of your employment and the location where you work *
The Pay: Axon is a total compensation company, meaning compensation is made up of base pay, bonus, and stock awards. The starting base pay for this role is between USD 120,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 160,000 in the highest geographic market. The on target earnings range for this role is between USD 120,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 180,000 in the highest geographic market. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: level, function, training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, geographic market, and often a combination of all these factors. Our benefits offer an array of options to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. To see more details on our benefits offerings please visit www.axon.com/careers/benefits(http://www.axon.com/careers/benefits).
Don’t meet every single requirement? That’s ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. If you’re excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
Axon’s mission is to Protect Life and is committed to the well-being and safety of its employees as well as Axon’s impact on the environment. All Axon employees must be aware of and committed to the appropriate environmental, health, and safety regulations, policies, and procedures. Axon employees are empowered to report safety concerns as they arise and activities potentially impacting the environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email [email protected]. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.