Senior Hardware Electrical Engineer
About The Role:
Inscopix is the leader in miniature microscope-based brain imaging instrumentation. Inscopix is advancing the mechanistic understanding of the brain at the level of neural circuits and networks, but is also paving the way for next generation diagnostic treatments and therapeutics for brain disorders. The Company was recently acquired by Bruker (NASDAQ: BRKR) and continues to operate as a wholly-owned subsidiary.
We are seeking a Senior Hardware Design Electrical Engineer to build on our foundational platform and to continue to improve performance, reliability, and usability of our products. The ideal candidate will have a strong desire to develop and support high-quality scientific instrumentation and to innovate with integrity. You will have the unique opportunity to work and thrive in an interdisciplinary environment of top-notch engineers and scientists, both at Inscopix and across Bruker.
- Lead instrumentation product improvement initiatives and design for manufacturability
- Develop, verify, and validate designs comprising miniaturized electronics
- Design mixed-signal, high speed PCB layouts including rigid-flex construction
- Design custom digital hardware controllers in Verilog by using discrete FSM and embedded CPU firmware
- Design and implement validation and test protocols using Python combined with available test equipment
Skills and Experience We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering with 4+ years of relevant experience. (We can advance the level and work if someone is more seasoned).
- Experience with high-speed mixed signal board design for embedded systems
- Experience with low-noise data acquisition and precision analog regulation systems
- Experience with designing I2C, SPI and custom control interfaces
- Knowledge of high-speed digital communication and signal integrity requirements
- Experience in taking board designs from schematic design to layout, prototype debugging and finally production
- Experience working with image sensors, high speed serial interfaces and media processors
- Experience with high-speed digital communication such as PCIe GEN3/GEN4, MIPI, and FPD Link
Location and Other Details:
Inscopix is based in Mountain View, CA and considered a hybrid role. Since this role requires working with our products in Mountain View, you would need to be on-site 2-3 days a week or in some other hybrid situation. We’re flexible about how this looks but this role can’t be remote. We will assist with some relocation expenses if not based in Mountain View.
We require all positions that have on-site office or lab requirements to be COVID-19 vaccinated.
Inscopix is committed to diversity and equitable compensation practices across our organization which includes an offer process that is comfortable, transparent and unbiased. Rather than candidates wondering if they should negotiate, we offer the highest salary we can based on our current salary bands, the employee’s ability to perform in their role, and their future team members compensation. Our salary bands crossover as you get to the higher end which is why we don’t offer the higher end to candidates and typically start candidates at the beginning of the band. We sometimes have a role that could go up or down a level depending on the candidates’ skill which is the case for this role. We’re anticipating hiring a Sr Engineer but it’s possible we can hire a Staff level or higher or go lower. Based on that, we’re expecting the offer being $130k-$190k with a bonus (percentage varies upon level). After you complete your initial interviews, we’ll share with you what level we’re evaluating you on and answer any questions you have regarding compensation. No question is off limits because we believe transparency leads to an enjoyable hiring experience for everyone involved.
Inscopix is a neurotechnology company that provides a platform for real-time brain mapping. Our vision at Inscopix is to drive new treatments to dramatically improve the health and well-being of people suffering from debilitating brain and nervous system disorders. Inscopix’s flagship products – nVista, nVoke, and nVue have been deployed in over 500 research institutions across the world resulting in over 100 top-tier scientific publications and empowering breakthroughs in Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, psychiatric disorders, chronic pain, and addiction. Based in Palo Alto, the Inscopix team brings together deep domain expertise in neuroscience, engineering, and data science. Advised and backed by industry luminaries and investors, Inscopix has been recognized as a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, and by Deloitte as one of North America’s fastest growing technology companies. Inscopix is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Inscopix is an equal opportunity employer.
Inscopix welcomes and values diversity and we encourage candidates that are underrepresented in STEM fields to apply. Since our technology impacts people of different backgrounds, thoughts and beliefs, we feel it’s critical to employ people that reflect the diversity of people our technology is set out to help. Employment decisions at Inscopix are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity and/or expression, ethnic or national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, marital or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical or genetic history or any other protected status. Inscopix is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.