Bond Vet is on a mission to strengthen the human-animal bond through better pet care. We’re focused on urgent care, so we’re there for pets when they need us most. Our clinics are designed with pets and people in mind: warm, friendly, and highly sniffable. We balance this design with a strong focus on technology, all built in-house, which means we can easily innovate our systems to improve the veterinary team, pet, and client experience.
D.C., Bond Vet is building the next generation of veterinary clinics from the ground up — and we’re looking for a proactive Veterinary Assistant to join our team.
Our Veterinary Assistants partner with our Veterinarians and Vet Techs to deliver exceptional care to our pets and pet parents. You provide a high level of compassion and as you interact with our clients and support our cohesive teams in whatever is needed, from scribing during visits to assisting with procedures. You are efficient, detail oriented, and a collaborative team member.
What You’ll Do:
- Scribe for our Veterinarians during visits
- Assist medical team members with surgeries, x-rays, treatments, and other procedures
- Proactively assist with patient care and treatment plans
- Compassionately handle and restrain pets for exams
- Record and report on patient symptoms
- Clean, restock and maintain clinic common areas and exam rooms
- Perform other duties as assigned by your team leaders
- Interact with clients to clearly communicate pricing estimates and treatment plans, serving as a guide through the client’s visit experience
- 1+ year of experience working as a Veterinary Assistant or kennel assistant
- A working knowledge of veterinary terminology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail and ability to multitask with accuracy and efficiency
- A high proficiency for typing and utilizing multiple computer systems and capturing recommendations made during the course of a visit
- A passion for pets!
- Competitive Pay | $21-$26/hour | Based on Experience
- 100% Tuition Reimbursement with our Education Partners
- Team-Based Profit Sharing
- Discount on In-Clinic Services for Pets
- Flexible Scheduling, (schedules are released 90 days in advance)
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 3% Employer Match
- Support for your physical and mental wellness: 100% covered health insurance, low cost dental & vision, access to mental health support programs and free memberships to One Medical
- A place to grow: culture that is centered in learning and development, career pathing, mentorships, empowerment and trust
We’re obsessed with pets: The love we feel for animals drives us to do our best. We work with initiative, positivity and warmth to bridge the gap between human and pet, focusing on wellness to keep a better, stronger bond.
We work as a team: We’re knowledgeable, friendly, and passionate about a better veterinary experience. We jump at the opportunity to help one another and seek out opportunities to team up on tasks. We’re all in this together - our team, pet owners, and the animal - and our success as a team hinges on all of us doing our best.
We communicate clearly: We speak up, we do what we say, and we’re transparent and honest. We value clear, simple communication.
We work happy: We bring a happy, positive attitude to work because it impacts the energy in the office.
We’re empowered: We’re building a new kind of vet experience, and every team member is empowered to try new things and own their decision-making.
We’re looking for people who are not just team players, but also leaders. If you’ve made it this far, you’re probably looking for something different than what’s already out there. So were we. Let’s meet.
— Dr. Zay, Mo, Lukas, and the whole Bond Vet team
Bond Vet provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.