Workplace and Employee Experience Specialist
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
New York, NY, USA
- A background you feel is equivalent to the above
- Be extremely detail-oriented
- Enjoy being around people and bringing others together
- Appreciate optimizing processes and thinking about how to automate your job
- Have a strong preference for working with great tools, and be comfortable working with or learning the tools we use
- Have a system for staying organized and a good head for numbers
- Have a great 'no-job-is-too-small' attitude
- Have diverse interests and enjoy learning about other people's interests
- Enjoy keeping up with the NYC food scene
- Listen with patience, attention, and empathy
- Have a sense of humor (doesn't have to be a good one)
- Act as the living embodiment of our cultural values (no pressure)
- Manage the day-to-day operations in the office with a focus on creating a high-caliber office experience. This includes managing reception, deliveries, furniture, space planning, decor, lunch orders, stocking the kitchen, waste management, repairs & maintenance and office supplies, etc
- Plan high-quality events for employees to ensure our local team members are able to build meaningful relationships, including office and company wide celebrations, marking cultural traditions, arranging volunteer opportunities and supporting employee-led group initiatives
- Plan and host in-office events for external business partners and investors
- Craft relevant communications and documentation regarding workplace policies, programs and events for local employees
- Negotiate and manage the relationship with our landlord and facilities vendors including cleaning services, maintenance contractors, food/beverage etc
- Manage building access and ensure we remain compliant with workplace safety expectations and requirements
- Support space planning, office expansions, and layout changes as required, including the coordination of office moves
- Support the Workplace teams' goals by taking on ad hoc tasks and projects as they arise
- Work closely with local site leadership team to plan office events that create engagement, connection, and an inclusive environment
- Make sure the office is clean, things stay in their proper places, and keep interior design looking sharp
- Coordinate activities, office visits and meetings for employees traveling in from afar
Banking for startups
Mercury is on a mission to build a banking stack for startups. The company provides banking services and APIs for startups.
- Health, dental, & vision
- Custom equipment setup
- 401(K) matching
- 12+ weeks paid parental leave
- Book budget
- Wellness benefits
- Grocery budget
- Paid lunch
- Personalized callsign
- Unlimited vacation policy (with mandatory minimum)
Company Core Values
- Think actively: Question processes. Give thoughtful responses. Find the best way instead of going by how it’s always been done.
- Appreciate quality: Take pride in crafting a lasting product. Work with the best equipment. Invest in great things that improve your life.
- Be super helpful: Go above and beyond to solve problems. Exercise empathy. Deliver magic to customers and coworkers.
- Maximize efficiency: Minimize unnecessary meetings and management. Work together with others to get the job finished.
- Act with humility: Treat everyone with respect. Leave egos at the door.
- Focus on product: Ask yourself how the product can be better today than it was yesterday.