Director – People Operations
Posted on 5/10/2023
Remote in USA
Human Resources Information System (HRIS)
- Deep experience managing People Operations in a fast paced environment (Tech company experience highly desired)
- Prior experience with people management and scaling operations
- Thrive in a company culture that anchors on employee experience, rich benefits and a high level of service
- Familiarity with best practices for HR/People
- Demonstrated project management skills and a track record of success in bringing highly complex, cross-functional projects to completion
- Experience working cross-functionally, both inside and outside of People Ops, to collaboratively develop budgets/plans and promote values across the company
- Prior experience owning HRIS processes and workflows. (Workday experience mandatory)
- Knowledge of US employment laws and relevant subject matter knowledge including on benefits and immigration (Chile employment knowledge helpful but not required)
- Ability to build strong cross-functional partnerships, including recruiting, payroll, IT and other partners
- Ability to influence stakeholders and build relationships at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work “hands-on” and willingness to "roll up your sleeves" to get things done
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills while exercising sound judgment
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills required
- Proven time management skills and an ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and high level of organization required
- Shape and define the overall People Ops team strategy and operating model, which includes but is not limited to: Onboarding, Offboarding, Compliance, Contingent Workforce Management, HRIS, and the People Technology stack
- Partner with other People team leaders as well as key cross-functional partners such as Payroll, FP&A, Legal and IT
- Proactively surface and solve complex and cross-functional issues before they create challenges for employees, managers or cross-functional partners
- Lead all internal audits from an HR perspective to ensure compliance
- Own and oversee our core People systems & technology and ensure data integrity across all employee platforms
- Own all policy & compliance matters (handbook, policies, training requirements, audits, annual reporting, etc)
- Partner with key People team stakeholders to understand their challenges, frame opportunities, and design solutions to address their needs
- Enable self-service and automation wherever possible
Automating professional background checks
Checkr powers people infrastructure for the future of work. With artificial intelligence and machine learning, Checkr's solutions make background checks faster—building a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all.
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to 25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
Company Core Values
- Humility: We are respectful and free from arrogance. We put the success of our employees over our company and are excited to learn from each other.
- Transparency: We trust each other to communicate the good and the bad as it relates to doing our best work. We aren’t afraid to voice our opinions and are receptive to feedback.
- Grit: We are passionate and hustle to raise the bar. We persevere through our challenges and grow from our failures.
- Ownership: We strive for thoughtful impact, take pride in our work, and hold ourselves accountable. We step up and take on new challenges to help further the success of the company.
- Connection: We genuinely care about each other and understand that our people are our power. We celebrate our lived experiences and enjoy helping and supporting each other.