Chief Technology Officer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
San Francisco, CA, USA • Portland, OR, USA
- Lead and participate in long-term strategic and operational planning to achieve business goals and prioritize development initiatives
- Oversee engineering, data science, IT departments across all of Kiva's business units
- Instill an engineering culture focused on delivering and maximizing our impact in the world through technology-based solutions
- Provide the vision for the technology platform, drive the development of the technology roadmap, evaluate new and promising technologies, and incubate MVP and foundational initiatives that can significantly unlock business scale and impact opportunities
- Create an environment that promotes engineering excellence by attracting and retaining high-performing talent from diverse backgrounds and designing effective organizational structure, processes, systems, and tools
- Work closely with product and other teams to build products and features that allow Kiva to achieve its goals
- Foster a team-first attitude by building strong partnerships, collaboration, and alignment across functions and stewarding a culture of diversity, inclusiveness, ownership, boldness, and innovation
- Champion an experimental and data-driven mindset and promote practices that reward risk taking and afford rapid response to market feedback
- Represent Kiva's technology strategy and promote Kiva's technology brand to external and internal stakeholders
- Establish, define and track metrics and monitor progress to ensure that objectives are achieved, particularly in software development and technical operations
- 15+ years of professional experience with at least 8 years in an executive or similar level capacity
- Proven track record in building and leading high performance engineering teams of 50+ across a portfolio of products or product lines
- Deep knowledge and experience in leading cloud-based and mobile application development in high-growth companies, site reliability, cybersecurity and information security, big data engineering and architecture
- Exceptional cross-functional collaborator with an ability to bring people along with your vision
- Familiarity with AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, Kafka, GraphQL, Kotlin, Swift, and Vue.js
- Demonstrated ability to build technology products from the ground up and optimize mature products, balancing short term and long term technology investments
- Non-profit, fintech, consumer, marketplace, SaaS, machine learning, and/or international experience a plus
Perfect Food Company
Kiva envisions a financially inclusive world where all people hold the power to improve their lives.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- $750 stipend for continuing education
- Parental leave
- 401(k) plan
- Community building activities
Company Core Values
- Safety and privacy.
- Self-determination & personal strength.
- Genuine human relationships.