Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Atlanta, GA, USA
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- CPA required
- 8+ years of relevant experience in accounting with experience in revenue recognition
- Expert knowledge of Excel, and knowledge of SAP is preferred
- Working knowledge of US GAAP applicable to revenue recognition
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including when involving cross-functional teams
- Analytical mind with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work effectively; goal-oriented
- Constant desire to learn and challenge others to find the best solution; not afraid of failure
- Adaptable to change, both big and small
- Desire to develop, implement and maintain process improvements
- Oversee accounting activities for the Company's Commercial Accounting team including sales transactions, non-manufacturing cost of sales, inventory, and other areas for internal and external financial reporting
- Develop and maintain revenue recognition accounting policies and procedures under ASC 606
- Development and execution of monthly revenue close procedures, ensuring accurate results are delivered on time for reporting in accordance with U.S. GAAP (and IFRS, as applicable)
- Help lead the implementation of best practices for revenue accounting to scale the team with the growth of the business and revenue streams
- Maintain revenue systems and ensure accuracy and completeness of sales transactions and compliance with company policies
- Act as a strategic partner, collaborating cross-functionally with:
- The Corporate Accounting team on journal entries and reconciliations, accruals, and income statement classification
- The SEC Reporting team on quarterly and annual disclosures
- The Finance team on monthly forecasts, monthly fluctuation analysis, and executive reporting
- The Internal Audit team on developing, improving, and owning internal controls processes
- The Tax team on quarterly/annual provision
- The Legal team on accounting impacts of new or changed contracts
- The Technical Accounting team on researching and drafting support for accounting under US GAAP and IFRS
- Ensure timely delivery of supporting documentation for external auditors
- Enhance procedures, policies, and controls in accordance with SOX
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
Company Core Values
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team