Posted on 8/4/2022
Canada • Remote
- Ability to empathize with your customers and understand their needs to build the best infrastructure platform as a product
- Desire to help your team learn and grow
- Experience or desire of designing and owning fault-tolerant, multi-region online backend systems
- Proven CS fundamentals and hands on coding and debugging experience using modern software delivery methods to develop services using Python, Go, or JVM-based languages (Java, Kotlin, Scala)
- You evaluate and incorporate business needs into your technical solutions
- A desire for using, enhancing, and contributing to Open Source solutions rather than building solutions from ground up
- Design, build and highly durable and strongly consistent database as service architecture
- Design, build and own an infrastructure platform that provides critical support for operating database systems at scale
- Design and build solutions for challenges such as multi-region, active resharding and globally available services
- Collaborate with other teams on their database needs and provide continuous guidance on design and architecture
- Participating in an on-call rotation and collaborate with other teams such as SRE to solve production issues
- Familiarity working in Database, SRE, or Infrastructure teams in the past is a Plus. We use storage technologies such as MySQL, Kafka, Cassandra or others
- Familiarity with Service-Oriented Architectures (SOA) is a plus. We use technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker, gRPC, Envoy, Istio, Celery/RabbitMQ, and NGINX, but we are always looking for new technologies to adopt
Point of sale installment loans for consumers
Affirm seeks to deliver honest financial products—to improve lives. The company operates a buy-now-pay-later platform for consumers at the point of sale.
- Spending wallets: Access tech, food, lifestyle, and family planning wallets for your expenses
- Supportive communities: Get involved with our employee resource groups and community groups
- Remote-first workforce: If your role is remote, you can set up shop anywhere in your home country
- Generous time off: Take the time you need when life happens
- Health benefits: Get a plan that fits your needs
- Mental healthcare: Take care of your mind with great mental health programs
- Parental leave: Birth and non-birth parents get 18 weeks paid leave. Plus, a 4-week return-to-work transition program, at full base pay.
- Compensation: We have a simple, flexible, and transparent remote-first compensation structure so you can make the best decisions for yourself and your family.
- Away days: We offer 24 company-wide paid days off—which help our teams collectively pause to recharge.
- Learning & development: Engage in exciting learning programs to level up your growth.
Company Core Values
- People come first: We consider our impact on people’s lives before we think about our own interests.
- No fine print: We are completely transparent and honest—with our customers and with each other.
- It's on us: We take full accountability for our actions, never shirking responsibility or passing the buck.
- Simpler is better: We make complex things simple and clear.
- Push the envelope: We never stop innovating, taking smart risks, and raising the bar.