Posted on 10/3/2022
British Columbia, Canada
- Exposure to broad technical skills such as Object Oriented programming (JAVA or C#), relational databases (data modeling/SQL), web UI (design and development), XML, application architecture
- Some experience with Continuous Delivery, Continuous Integration, Unit Testing, etc
- An ability to work independently within a team
- Experience working with customer teams to understand business objectives and functional requirements
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Passionate about solving complex technical problems and working with some of the biggest financial services companies across the world
- Focused on advocating for and writing good quality code that follows industry standard best practice
- Interested in talking to customers and working in a role that values communication and presentation skills highly
- Curious and have internal motivation to constantly improve
- Confident communicators, with the comfort level to speak their mind and defend ideas based on merit, yet have humility and hunger to learn from others
Recurring revenue software
Guidewire's mission is the be the platform insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently. The company is building a data-backed insurance solution.
- Financial: Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
- Health & Wellness: Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
- Flexible Working: Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
- Downtime: Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer ample paid leave for all new parents.
- Continual Development: We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
- Career Mobility: Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.
Company Core Values
- Integrity: We build and maintain honest, candid, and caring relationships with clients, potential customers, partners, investors, and of course, each other!
- Rationality: All we do is supported by factual evidence—whether it’s building awesome products, making decisions, or communicating with each other.
- Collegiality: We’re in it together—so we’re all equal. We work in professional harmony, with respect, without arrogance, and as part of a structure where responsibility is shared and owned by all of us.