Fullstack Engineering Manager
Verify, Gitlab CI
Posted on 11/22/2022
Ruby on Rails
- Experience scaling systems, or have knowledge of performance and reliability challenges at scale
- Experience improving database performance
- An ability to operate within our view on leadership
- Technical credibility: The team works in Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, VueJS, and with GraphQL. While we don't require previous development experience in these areas, it's helpful to understand how SaaS applications are built, and discuss technical rationale and reasoning with your direct reports
- Exquisite brokering skills: you'll need to regularly achieve consensus amongst departments
- Demonstrated experience as a People Manager
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- Manage the Engineers on the Verify Pipeline team (we are still working out the specifics of what this team will cover, but will likely be similar to the Pipeline Execution group)
- Help your engineers grow their skills and experience
- Collaborate with the Product Manager to help inform planning and author project plans for epics
- Work with the other stable counterparts (Product leadership, UX, Quality Engineering) of your team's quad leadership to ensure the team direction is clear and is delivering value aligned with business needs, following our cross-functional prioritization process
- Run agile project management processes. We work iteratively and release monthly
- Maintain empathy for the team by keeping awareness of engineering processes and practices. Examples might be: evaluating individual workflow during one on ones, empowering everyone on your team to contribute ideas to retrospectives and team processes
- Optionally some managers choose to work on on non-critical path bugs and/or features or conduct code reviews on occasion, however this is not required for the role
- Actively seek and hire globally-distributed talent
- Generate and implement process improvements. While all ideas are welcome, the Engineering Manager is expected to be the directly responsible individual (DRI) responsible for determining how a team works best together
- Foster technical decision making on the team, but make final decisions when necessary
- Draft quarterly OKRs and Engineering KPIs
- Improve product quality, security, and performance
- Knowledge of CI/CD. points if you have hands-on experience with CI systems
Repository hosting manager tool
It is GitLab's mission to make it so that everyone can contribute. When everyone can contribute, users become contributors and greatly increases the rate of innovation.
- Spending Company Money
- Equity Compensation
- Life Insurance
- Financial Wellness
- Paid Time Off
- Growth and Development Benefit
- GitLab Contribute
- Business Travel Accident Policy
- Employee Assistance Program
- Part-time contracts
- Meal Train
- Fertility & Family Planning
- Parental Leave
Company Core Values
- Collaboration: To achieve results, team members must work together effectively.
- Results: We do what we promised to each other, customers, users, and investors.
- Efficiency: Working efficiently on the right things enables us to make fast progress, which makes our work more fulfilling.
- Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging.
- Iteration: We do the smallest thing possible and get it out as quickly as possible.
- Transparency: Be open about as many things as possible.