Who We Are:
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. We are the largest tech-first platform in the home category. Our marketplace offers over 30 million products from 23,000 suppliers and we served 22 million customers in 2022 alone.
As a product leader in the Storefront organization, you will flex your leadership, product craft, and technical skills to create a world-class shopping experience for all of our customers (present and future). You will lead a technology team made up of an exceptional set of dedicated teammates across engineering, design, user research, and analytics. You will shape our technology culture, collaborate, mentor, innovate, deliver, and grow your career. Join us in our ultimate purpose: to be the destination for all things home, helping everyone, anywhere create their feeling of home.
Our GraphQL Platforms team is building one of the foundational data platforms that all of Wayfair will use to power their frontends and we’re doing it with bleeding edge technology. Although the movement to GraphQL is still new to Wayfair, the federated ecosystem already handles over 10billion requests per month. The Wayfair GraphQL team has been invited to conferences and community events, and have influenced the direction of the larger federated GraphQL specification. By taking this role you will have the opportunity to take adoption of this system to the next phase, teaching others to maintain incredibly performant, stable, and scalable systems. You will also learn how to influence a wide variety of senior leaders across different fields with direct support from your manager. Finally, the team is truly incredible. They are passionate, brilliant, and live by the team values of creativity, transparency, and always having fun.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead the product discovery, strategy, and roadmap for Wayfair’s GraphQL Platform
- Drive a long term vision for a technical transformation that spans the breadth of Wayfair
- Evangelize your products internally so that the organization understands your vision and how it helps drive their goals
- Generate buy-in from leadership through transparency, translating technical and domain specific language into communications for broad & senior audiences
- Lead complex initiatives that span multiple product & business domains, ensuring coordination & full understanding to achieve the right outcome for Wayfair
- Keep your team healthy & engaged, partnering with your leads to smooth processes, build trust, and celebrate wins
- Contribute to Wayfair’s leadership role in the global GraphQL community
What You’ll Need:
- 7+ years experience in software product management, with a focus on data-driven product discovery. Experience with technical products and leading cross-org initiatives.
- You’ve managed platforms and can identify generalized capabilities that meet clients’ specific needs, translating ideas into a vision & roadmap for what the platform can become
- You effectively partner with your engineers to shape the architecture and are able to keep up in highly technical conversations
- Experience and/or interest in product managing development platforms and working with a customer base that is primarily comprised of teams within the company
- Experience with operating at scale (extremely high volume of developer & web traffic)
- Understanding of quality and performance concerns (latency, scalability, availability, flame graphs)
- Strong communication skills; can explain difficult technical concepts to non-technical audiences but also comfortable chatting with engineers.
- Knowledge of federated GraphQL (key words, GraphQL, federation, Apollo, gateway, router, schema registry, operation registry)
- Experience with shifts to service-based architectures
- Familiarity with the OKR planning model and setting measurable goals (KPIs) for development platforms
The salary range for this position is $177,100 - $189,750 however, base pay offered may vary depending on location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the California Equal Pay Act.
This is a hybrid role based out of our Boston, MA or Mountain View, CA locations.
Assistance for Individuals with Disabilities
Wayfair is fully committed to providing equal opportunities for all individuals, including individuals with disabilities. As part of this commitment, Wayfair will make reasonable accommodations to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified individuals with disabilities, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on business operations. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, please let us know by completing our Accomodations for Applicants form.
For more information about applying for a career at Wayfair, visit our FAQ page here
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic.
We are interested in retaining your data for a period of 12 months to consider you for suitable positions within Wayfair. Your personal data is processed in accordance with our Candidate Privacy Notice (which can found here: https://www.wayfair.com/careers/privacy). If you have any questions regarding our processing of your personal data, please contact us at [email protected]. If you would rather not have us retain your data please contact us anytime at [email protected].