Senior Engineering Manager
Posted on 11/30/2022
San Francisco, CA, USA
- Manage the platform, processes, and supporting teams who develop and maintain Intercom.com systems
- Align with strategic partners across brand, marketing ops, product marketing, and demand to translate goals into engineering programs and execution plans
- Organize, scope, and prioritize engineering work coming in from a variety of teams and feedback channels
- Manage and optimize a world-class engineering team that fully owns the marketing site, which includes cloud infrastructure (+DNS and CDN), app maintenance, deployment pipeline, CI/CD, as well as building the front-end and back-end systems
- Lead strategic website capability roadmaps, justification processes, and execution plans
- 3+ years in an Engineering Management position, with line management of 5+ engineers
- Prior experience as a full-stack engineer working with teams who have up-leveled sites for digital marketing capabilities and SaaS best practices
- Strong relationship-building skills and empathy for marketing teams
- Ability to execute fast to deliver business outcomes while evolving for scale longer term
- Have expertise integrating, developing, or scaling usage of solutions like Contentful (CMS), Marketo (Marketing Automation), Mutiny (Personalization), Optimizely (Testing), GTM (Tags), Google Analytics (Reporting), and Intercom (Website Messenger)
- Knowledge or experience with technical SEO a plus, especially page speed optimization and indexation
- Strong modern website development fundamentals e.g. Next.js, React or similar
Intercom's mission is to make internet business personal. Their vision at Intercom is to bring a Messenger-first, personal experience, to all customer and business communication.
- We reward our people - All full-time Intercom employees are offered a rewards program that includes competitive base salary, bonus, equity, and benefits.
- We love to learn - There are so many opportunities here to learn and build a career. We support employees' growth by offering a wide range of continuing education options, including core skills, management training, and guided learning.
- We take employee wellbeing seriously - We offer comprehensive healthcare coverage, including medical, dental, and vision, as well as employee assistance programs and mental health resources. We also offer flexible time off, significant paid family leave, and more.
- The world has changed. So has the way we work - The majority of our employees say they prefer a hybrid model of work—some in-office time, some WFH—so that's our current approach. No matter what, though, we're committed to listening to our team.
Company Core Values
- We’re optimistic and positive
- We think big and start small
- We obsess about our customers’ success
- We go further together
- We’re confident, yet humble
- We make every day count