Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
- Experience or clear ability to succeed in client-facing roles (e.g., Sales, Consulting, Marketing, Ad / Digital Agency)
- High familiarity with and love for sports and journalism
- Strong communication, organization, and project management skills
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver projects
- Ability to empathize with users, internal stakeholders, and external partners
- Comfort with data - analyzing data, deriving insights, and making data-driven decisions
- Eagerness to try new things and learn - and a willingness to fail
- Deeply understand our Commercial strategy and our product
- Partner with colleagues within the Commercial org to inform what product innovations we bring to market, and how we solve inbound requests. Specifically, this includes but is not limited to our Display Ad business, co-branded content, and new subscriber experiences we create in conjunction with partners
- Collaborate directly with external partners (e.g., a client's marketing and technical teams) to understand their needs and work towards mutually-beneficial solutions
- Work closely with the rest of the Product team to align initiatives and dependencies, so that we create a cohesive global product experience
- Lead projects across multiple tech pods including Design, Engineering, Marketing, Editorial, and other stakeholders
- Foster a highly collaborative cross-functional environment focused on shared metrics and objectives
- Understand technical considerations, and work collaboratively with engineering to balance level of effort and quality + scalability
- Understand the competitive environment and stay on top of great user experiences
- 2+ years of highly relevant product management experience at a fast-growing consumer company (sports / media is a plus), or demonstrated success in a similar role
The Athletic Media Company's mission is to produce coverage for die-hard fans
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Parental Leave
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Free Subscription
- Competitive Health Care
- HSA & FSA
- Commuter Benefits
Company Core Values
- Move forward fearlessly. We are a company that is redefining the way fans get access to sports content. We've never been afraid to push the envelope and will continue to build a better experience on behalf of our team and our readers.
- Never settle. No shortcuts. We are relentless in our pursuit of the most in-depth, substantive sports coverage. Our model allows us to create and publish content on our own terms. We employ an unrivaled team of editors and writers who put in the hard work.
- Be authentic. Credibility and a unique approach to storytelling are at the core of everything we publish. Covering the best stories with integrity, our writers are encouraged to build their own brand and act as leading sources of truth.
- Build community. We are at our best when we empower all perspectives and hold each other accountable. We foster a unique community unlike any other, where sports fans and writers can come together to share ideas, display their passions, and engage in meaningful debate.