We are expanding our team! You can be anywhere in the U.S. and in the Pacific time zone outside of the U.S., and in other various countries as noted for specified positions.
If you are looking to be a part of an amazing team, have a passion for open-source software, and building a strong developer community, then come join us! Temporal helps developers focus on the important things, like writing business logic, and spend less time worrying about the underlying infrastructure. We have a great open-source community filled with awesome developers (who are also our users!) that provide us with real-time feedback and contributions. Temporal is also backed by top VC firms and has a team of professionals from other successful start-ups and well-known technology companies. We always work toward building the best community, and if these things interest you too, we’d love to hear from you.
Solutions Architect (Enterprise)
The Solutions Architect is Temporal’s, primary customer-facing technical leader.
What you’ll do
- Help prospects understand if their application is suitable for Temporal
- Help customers & prospects understand the technical benefits and drawbacks of the Temporal platform and cloud service
- Position Temporal successfully against alternative technologies or technical patterns
- Create the conditions in customer engineering organizations that allows them to expand the number of production applications using Temporal
- Partner with Account Executives to develop and execute an overall account plan
- Own the relationship with customer Technical Decision makers evaluating and operating Temporal applications.
What you’ll need
- Live within the Pacific Time Zone or Mountain time zones
- Excellent technical communication skills (presenting, whiteboarding, writing)
- Comfortable discussing distributed system technologies, design decisions, and best practices.
- Able to construct application prototypes, and follow through with design, development, build, and deployment guidance using one of Temporal’s supported languages (Java, Golang, Typescript, Python, PHP)
- Conversant in topics related to operating applications in production, such as security, reliability, performance, cost management, and operations.
- Can offer helpful advice and good arguments to customers on architectural topics like application patterns and platform architectures
- Comfortable working with at least one of the major cloud providers and using the various services commonly employed for application development & production
- Serve as a technical advisor to Sales Account Executives - can help identify good/poor fit use cases, assist with scoping and sizing of opportunities, and anticipate where customer technical choices will work for or against Temporal
Nice to have:
- Likes to learn new technical topics, often directly from engineering
- Can come up to speed without any sales-specific training (i.e., from docs, videos & conversations)
- Partners well with engineers working at customer organizations
- Serves as a good technical coach: likes to find ways to make others look smart
- The estimated pay range for this role is $150,000 - $210,000.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Temporal’s equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills and experience. Temporal is growing, and we welcome great people to enable our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ’standard’ thinking, and want to influence our future.
- 100% coverage of premiums for you and your dependents for Medical, dental/ortho, and vision benefits
- AD&D, long- and short-term disability, and life insurance (both standard and supplemental)
- 401K plan
- Unlimited PTO
- Up to 20 weeks of parental leave for birth parents and 12 weeks of leave for non-birth parents, including adoptive and foster parents
- $1,500/year Learning, career development
- $1,200/year Lifestyle Spending Account
- $1,000/year In-home office setup (This is in addition to what Temporal will issue you, which is a laptop, monitor, keyboard, mouse, trackpad, and extension power cable as well at no cost to you)
- $500/year Professional Memberships
- $300/month Work From Home Meals
- $74/month reimbursement for Internet added to your paycheck once a month
- Subscription to the Calm App to promote mental health & wellness
- An "All Access" pass to a WeWork location
What team members are doing at Temporal
Collaborating across teams to improve the developer experience, deliver world-class open-source software, engage with and support our user community, and enhance our commercial SaaS platform.
Temporal Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Temporal Technologies does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We embrace and celebrate differences and diversity.
We are not working with agencies, thanks.