Join a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for seven consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
The Program/Project Management role is responsible for leading highly visible, sensitive, and multi-faceted projects and programs that deliver and meet First American Information Security process and technology requirements. The Project Manager is responsible for planning, executing, monitoring, and reporting of projects and programs with varying levels of complexity that may involve multiple functional areas and/or span across service areas. Duties include but are not limited to assembling project team, assigning individual responsibilities, coordinating with other projects and work groups, identifying appropriate resource needs, developing schedules, tracking and communicating progress, and reporting and managing risks and issues to resolution to ensure projects/programs, are completed timely and within budget.
- Administer and manage the department Project Portfolio Management tool, providing technical support to the user community, and assisting in maturation and enhancement of the tool and its reporting capabilities.
- Responsible for preparation of executive level project portfolio reporting.
- Plan and manage project and subproject work efforts typically of small to medium size and complexity using standard tools and methodology.
- Coordinate and track project deliverables
- Facilitate meetings including preparing agendas, coordinating schedules and materials, documenting meeting minutes, following-up on action items, gathering, organizing, and distributing project related documentation
- Conduct risk monitoring, controls, and timely communication and escalation to ensure ability to achieve expected outcomes on time and on budget
- Manage project budget including developing project cost estimates and forecasting
- Administer, manage, and track all day-to-day operational aspects of the project
- Required to perform duties outside of normal work hours based on business needs
Job Complexities & Impact
- Works on standard issues/problems
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
- Follows department processes and procedures and may make recommendations to these processes
- Actively contributes to the results of a team and works towards achieving team goals and objectives
- Has the ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously
Typical Range of Experience
- Typically have 2 - 3 years or more of directly related experience
- BS/BA preferred or equivalent experience
License or Certification
- PMP Certificate preferred
- CSM (Certified Scrum Master) Preferred
Pay Range: $69,900 – $97,100 annually
This hiring range is a reasonable estimate of the base pay range for this position at the time of posting. Pay is based on a number of factors which may include job-related knowledge, skills, experience, business requirements and geographic location.
First American invests in its employees’ development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.