Sr Software Engineer, Open VisaNet
Posted on 5/6/2022
San Carlos, CA, USA
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- Design, implement and evolve highly scalable and fault-tolerant distributed business components using functional programming paradigm
- Work with Product Owner to determine functional requirements and business flow and translate into low level designs
- Collaborate with the multiple teams across Product, Development, Operation & Infrastructure to analyze, debug and resolve design and code issues
- Support cross-functional teams in integrated test efforts
- Support in triaging and troubleshooting of highly distributed services in release testing and production environment
- Understand and own component security analysis, including code and data flow review. Collaborate with security team to implement and verify secure coding techniques
- Design and implement APIs, abstractions and integration patterns to solve challenging distributed computing problems
- Ensure proper metrics instrumentation in software components, to help facilitate real time and remote troubleshooting/performance monitoring
- Ensuring proper documentation and internal publishing of design tradeoffs, code best practices and lessons learned
- Contribute to efficient development process pipeline by leveraging best-in-class CI/CD tools
- 3 or more years of work experience or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Knowledge of functional programming languages like GoLang (preferred), Scala, Erlang, Haskell, Clojure, or the ability to learn them quickly
- Previous experience to work with Product Owner to determine functional requirements and business flow and translate into low level designs
- Exposure to Java based general purpose programming language and language development frameworks along with code optimization techniques are a huge plus
- Working familiarity with the entire software development lifecycle including version control, build process, testing, and code release
- Previous experience with financial services or payments processing domain is a big plus
- Experience with distributed database, distributed computing and high frequency transactions is a big plus
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
Leading credit card company
Visa's mission is to remove barriers and connect more people to the global economy. The company provides end-to-end financial infrastructure.
- Health Insurance.
- Life Insurance.
- Dental Insurance.
- Disability Insurance.
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance.
- Integrity: Doing well by doing right.
- People: Behind payments are people.
- Innovation: Pioneering with a purpose.
- Clients: Keeping clients in focus.
- Collaboration: Pulling ahead by pulling together.