Director of Machine Learning Science
AI Automation & Optimization
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Seattle, WA, USA
Data Structures & Algorithms
- Bachelor's degree (Master's or PhD preferred) in a highly quantitative field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Math, Operations Research, etc) or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience researching & developing algorithms for intelligent automation and optimization systems
- Previous experience leading a highly technical machine learning / data science team
- Strong machine learning and algorithmic background with a deep understanding of advanced reinforcement learning, stochastic optimization, and deep learning techniques
- Hands-on experience building ML driven products
- Experience leading technical research and production grade development efforts/teams
- Fluency with at least one data science/analytics programming language (e.g. Python, R, Julia)
- Solid software design and implementation skills with a general-purpose programming language preferred (e.g. Rust, Scala, C++/C#, Java, Haskell, etc)
- Strong functional programming development skills (preferred)
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information to a wide spectrum of cross-functional team members
- Experience mentoring and coaching junior team members
- Lead a team focused on developing an automated and intelligent advertising system by advancing the state-of-the-art in machine/reinforcement learning techniques to support large-scale optimization of media/channel mix, ad selection, bidding and overall campaign performance, etc
- Leverage knowledge of software engineering principles to guide development and deployment of production machine learning solutions making decisions that impact millions of dollars of ad spend and revenue per day
- Keep abreast of relevant research in online ad auction design, computational advertising, and computational economics
- Work with cross-functional teams of engineers, scientists, and analysts, to devise implementation and experimentation strategies
- Utilize broad and deep knowledge of machine learning to contribute to the development of System1's roadmap for core machine learning capabilities
- Coach and mentor data scientists to elevate the talent bar across System1
Ad & marketing platform
System1's mission is to provide the most accurate and useful predictions in marketing. The company operates a Responsive Acquisition Marketing Platform to connect high intent customers with advertisers at scale.
- Great compensation
- 401(k) company match
- Excellence benefits
- Charitable gift matching
- Education subsidy
- Referral bonus
- Weekly happy hour
- Catered lunches & free snacks
- Weekly workouts
Company Core Values
- System1 supports you - Whether this means providing a challenging job as part of your long-term career with us, maintaining work/life balance, or continuing your education, we want to support you and make you better.
- Everyone is on the same team - Our co-workers are our teammates. This means respecting your teammates as much as it does enjoying working with them. We may disagree, but we do it openly and respectfully. When we win, we win together.
- Be yourself - We believe that different backgrounds, experiences and points of view make us stronger and more innovative. We champion an environment where everyone is genuinely seen, heard and respected.
- Own it - We don’t provide boxes for you to think in, and we encourage individual responsibility. We never blame someone else, and there is always a way to get it done. We want creative innovators who are driven to get results.
- Make an impact - Being of service to others is in our DNA. We contribute our expertise, time and money to causes we care about in the communities in which we live and work. Giving back makes us and the world better.
- 1% better every day - We strive to always improve every single day - our technology, our business, our community, ourselves.