Lead – Customer Operations
Posted on 12/3/2022
Canada • Remote
- A minimum of two (2) years of customer support/leadership experience, preferably in a start-up environment, and you have been seen as a leader or go-to person on your team
- Self-starter with strong sense of urgency, high accountability and excellent attention to detail with the capability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Proven experience in leading through major change and comfort with ambiguity
- Forward thinking approach with ability to problem-solving complex issues to drive shared goals across internal and external teams
- Experience in de-escalation and handling more complex case-work
- Able to mentor junior and senior team members, and lead by example when presented with barriers or when results are not as expected
- Flexible in working to the needs of the business which may require modification to regular scheduled working hours
- Hard-working, detail-oriented, and driven, with a focus to deliver best-in-class service to PayBright by Affirm customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using Salesforce service cloud considered is an asset
- Lead a team of Operations Associates and Specialists in a hyper-growth environment, including developing the team for future changes, managing the team's change resilience, and minimizing performance impacts associated with change
- Identify and implement transformational changes to generate efficiencies and drive better customer experiences while ensuring the teams adheres to regulatory and compliance requirements
- Collaborate with management to make certain that company goals, metrics, and tasks are completed, and work towards ensuring they are met or bettered
- Partner with recruiting to hire candidates and coordinate with training for on-boarding, ongoing learning and to ensure work is being appropriately assigned and evaluated
- Act as an escalation point for PayBright by Affirm end-users with any issues, on behalf of your team
- You will assist as a front-line team member in busier periods, as is required
- Partner with the management team in reporting on team members and their goals and their development
- Drive employee engagement and a high performance culture ensuring effective performance management through feedback and coaching sessions, auditing, and calibration, creating an environment where people can excel through accountability, encouragement and empowerment
- Act as the voice of PayBright by Affirm in the promotion of our products and services
- Collaborate across team and cross-functional partners to ensure delivery of best-in-class service to PayBright by Affirm customers
- You will empower and support a winning team culture at PayBright by Affirm
Point of sale installment loans for consumers
Affirm seeks to deliver honest financial products—to improve lives. The company operates a buy-now-pay-later platform for consumers at the point of sale.
- Spending wallets: Access tech, food, lifestyle, and family planning wallets for your expenses
- Supportive communities: Get involved with our employee resource groups and community groups
- Remote-first workforce: If your role is remote, you can set up shop anywhere in your home country
- Generous time off: Take the time you need when life happens
- Health benefits: Get a plan that fits your needs
- Mental healthcare: Take care of your mind with great mental health programs
- Parental leave: Birth and non-birth parents get 18 weeks paid leave. Plus, a 4-week return-to-work transition program, at full base pay.
- Compensation: We have a simple, flexible, and transparent remote-first compensation structure so you can make the best decisions for yourself and your family.
- Away days: We offer 24 company-wide paid days off—which help our teams collectively pause to recharge.
- Learning & development: Engage in exciting learning programs to level up your growth.
Company Core Values
- People come first: We consider our impact on people’s lives before we think about our own interests.
- No fine print: We are completely transparent and honest—with our customers and with each other.
- It's on us: We take full accountability for our actions, never shirking responsibility or passing the buck.
- Simpler is better: We make complex things simple and clear.
- Push the envelope: We never stop innovating, taking smart risks, and raising the bar.