Public Affairs/Strategic Research Intern
Posted on 1/28/2023
San Jose, CA, USA
- At least three years of experience in the areas of financial services and/or technology
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent academic qualification in economics, public policy, data science, or other related fields
- Currently enrolled in an MBA program
- Experience with programming languages (e.g., Python, SQL)
- Entrepreneurial nature that can engage in a fast-paced and pressurized environment, with limited day-to-day hands-on manager direction
- Flexible team player, able to consistently exercise sound judgment, a significant degree of self-motivation, resourceful and the ability to collaborate pro-actively with other functions with limited direct supervision
- Intellectual curiosity and rigor
- Excellent communication skills; integrated communications experience a plus
- Excellent written skills, previous publications are a plus
- Strong understanding and experience in business affairs, with know-how and experience in financial services, payments, ecommerce and technology
- Ability to examine the political, regulatory, societal, cultural, and natural factors that shape businesses' operating environment, and their interaction with business strategies and success, as well as the firm's social and environmental contribution
- Leverage company strategy to ideate where PayPal has an opportunity to lead on public affairs issues going forward
- Monitor external socio-economic developments impacting PayPal globally, and strategically guide the company's short term and long term response
- Perform literature reviews, and structure research using large data sets (both proprietary and publicly available sources)
- Draft and edit long-form and short-form written research materials
- Advocate PayPal's positions at conferences, externally and internally
- Coordinate with internal teams on cross-functional projects
Platform for online money transfers
PayPal is committed to our mission to democratize financial services for people all over the world. The company operates a global payments platform to help create a worldwide network of good.
- A Stanford Navigator helps employees research providers and health conditions, and make informed decisions about health care
- Advance Medical is available for all employees who are looking for a world-class specialist to provide an expert medical opinion for treatment plans
- Stock Purchase Plans
- Retirement Savings and Pension Plans
- Stock Awards
- Life Insurance and Disability Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Four Weeks Paid Sabbatical for every Five Years of Service
- Educational and Professional Development benefits
- Matching Gifts & Volunteerism Opportunities
- Matching Gifts
- Skills-Based Volunteering
- Green Teams
- GIVE Teams
Company Core Values
- Inclusion - Respect and value uniqueness and diversity of thought. We’re talking everyone, everywhere, at all times, regardless of background, level or circumstance. Ideas are richer and execution is stronger when everyone feels included.
- Innovation - Create amazing experiences for our customers – whether merchant, consumer or the PayPal community. Think differently, look end-to-end and practice empathy by putting yourself in our customers’ shoes.
- Collaboration - Work as a team, drive ownership and accountability, make decisions and get results. Foster trust, have integrity, champion each other and have each others’ backs. Eradicate silos and win as a team.
- Wellness - Care for and actively support each other’s well-being. Create a super energizing workplace that brings out the best in our employees by nourishing our mental, physical and emotional balance.