NDE Level II Inspector
Phased Array Ultrasonic Inspection, Paut
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
McGregor, TX, USA
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 2+ years of experience as a level II NDE/NDT inspector
- NDE level II certification in line with ASNT-TC-1A or NAS-410 guidance in ultrasonic (UT) including phased array ultrasonic (PAUT)
- NDE level II certification in line with ASNT-TC-1A or NAS-410 guidance in multiple methods
- Current American Welding Society certified welding inspector (CWI)
- Basic computer skills: Microsoft applications - word, power point, excel etc
- Operational experience utilizing PAUT systems for the inspection of weldments
- Knowledge of Zetec Ultravision and/or Olympus Tomoview software
- Hands on experience using portable digital equipment such as Olympus EPOCH 600 Knowledge of Uniwest/Nortec eddy current machines or equivalent
- Knowledge of EddyFi Ectane machines and Magnifi software
- Knowledge of industry standards including AMS, AWS / ASME, ASTM, and ABS
- Problem solving tools and techniques: Practical Problem Solving (PPS), 8D, 5 Whys
- Basic understanding of lean principles: 5S, Kaizen, Continuous improvement initiatives
- Travel up to 75% of the time
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. unassisted, bend, stretch, stand for extended periods of time, climb stairs, reach, twist, sit, walk, and/or run
- Willingness to work overtime hours and weekends when needed to meet critical deadlines
- Ability to pass Space Force background check for Cape Canaveral and Vandenberg
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
- Perform volumetric NDE inspections with advanced phased array ultrasonics
- Interpret, evaluate, communicate and report findings to production and engineering
- Interpret and review engineering drawings as required
- Support the development of NDE inspection techniques for complex geometries
- Assist in training and developing others within the team
- Support research and development into new processes and inspection methodologies for operational improvement and optimization
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
Company Core Values
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.