Annotation Program Manager
Posted on 2/11/2022
Remote in USA • New York, NY, USA
Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Embodies our EAGER values-is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable
- Feels passionate about linguistics, natural language, and high-quality data
- Communicates effectively with cross-functional teams and works collaboratively with remote teams in different time zones
- Enjoys the challenge of tackling different priorities of different durations simultaneously
- Applies their exceptional attention to detail without losing sight of the big picture
- Has at least 3 years of industry experience leading and managing annotation projects
- Has experience with vendor management and working with consultants
- Comes from a linguistics background (with at least a bachelor's in linguistics or a closely related field) and is familiar with NLP and machine learning
- Can design annotation projects and develop high-quality annotation guidelines for novel natural language problems
- Work closely with the NLP, Product, and Engineering teams to understand their different needs and priorities
- Make strategic decisions and communicate with stakeholders across these teams
- Develop, implement, and maintain scalable annotation resources to support our intelligence features
- Identify opportunities, requirements, and risks that are associated with the annotation program and define milestones and success criteria
- Manage vendor relationships and our annotation workforce, including onboarding, scheduling, and monitoring
- Ensure priorities are aligned across all relevant teams and take steps to remove roadblocks to this alignment
- Balance privacy and security considerations with scalable and efficient data collection
- Design and implement process improvements
- Ensure operational excellence of the annotation program and manage projects to meet quality, budget, and timeline requirements
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs
AI-powered writing assistant
Grammarly is on a mission to improve lives by improving communication. The company operates a browser extension and app that corrects spelling & grammar.
- Free food
- Company Social Outings
- Work From Home Policy
- Unique Office Space
- Health & Wellness Package
- Paid Time Off
- 401K / Retirement Plan
Company Core Values
- Ethical: Be honorable and earn trust by doing the right thing even when no one is watching, every time.
- Adaptable: Embrace change to evolve and succeed, with a positive, problem-solving attitude.
- Gritty: Achieve with passion and perseverance for goals, by doing whatever it takes to get the job done, whenever it’s necessary.
- Empathetic: Treat others as they want to be treated to work well together, by actively listening to put yourself in their shoes and then responding accordingly.
- Remarkable: Always be learning to develop quickly and be exceptional yet humble, by continually seeking out mentors and learning opportunities.