Descript is looking for an intern to edit video for our website, Help Center, YouTube channel, social platforms, and anywhere else our videos might want to hang out.
This is a role for someone who’s hungry to hone their editing chops by editing a lot of video, every day. The person who’s right for this wants to hone their editing skills and creative instincts the only way you really can — by doing a ton of editing.
If you have lots of creative ideas for content, that’s a huge bonus. We’re a collaborative team who understand that good ideas can come from anyone, anywhere.
You don’t have to know Descript super-well to start, but you will have to learn and master the app, quickly.
- Min. 2 years training (including in school) as a video editor
- Ability to make quick decisions while editing
- Creative drive and desire to collaborate on content that’s distinctive, smart, and never boring
- Eagerness to learn and grow creatively, both by taking feedback and by pushing yourself to get better
- Videography skills and knowledge
- Experience working in Descript
- Edit video — for Descript’s Help Center, YouTube channel, website, social channels, and so on
- Learn editing and production in Descript
Descript is building a simple, intuitive, fully-powered editing tool for video and audio — an editing tool built for the age of AI. We are a team of 100 — with a proven CEO and the backing of some of the world’s greatest investors (OpenAI, Andreessen Horowitz, Redpoint Ventures, Spark Capital).
Descript is the special company that’s in possession of both product market fit and the raw materials (passionate user community, great product, large market) for growth, but is still early enough that each new employee has a measurable influence on the direction of the company.
Benefits include a generous healthcare package, catered lunches, and flexible vacation time. We currently have offices in San Francisco and Montreal, and are open to folks working remotely between PT and ET time zones. Whether you love WFH or can’t wait to get back to being in person, we’re interested in offering an environment that works for you.
Descript is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We believe in actively building a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions to better allow our employees, products, and community to thrive.