Senior Product Manager
Financial Products Platform
Posted on 2/1/2022
San Francisco, CA, USA • Remote • New York, NY, USA • Denver, CO, USA
Data Structures & Algorithms
- 7+ years of product management experience
- Experienced building/scaling financial products, consumer credit/risk controls, data and machine learning services
- Experience driving growth of product from launch phase to scaled adoption including
- Ability to set a strategy and translate to a roadmap with end-to-end execution
- Proven track record of building financial platforms and taking them from launch to scale
- Experience and familiarity with bank technology stacks, including risk controls
- Technical skills, with experience and track record of success in building high-velocity, low-latency, high-availability services
- Ability to grasp complex technical concepts and system-designs, comfortable participating in technical discussions and help make technical trade-offs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including ability to
- Paint a compelling vision to inspire your teams and senior leaders by articulating and building business models and supporting roadmap
- Articulate customer pain points and industry best practices
- An owner's mindset - entrepreneurial, driven, passionate about our mission, and have deep empathy for our customers
- Partner with engineering, design, data science and other cross-functional partners across the Gusto ecosystem to develop strategic product for credit risk, fraud and financial products platform
- Identify emerging technology and industry trends, build business cases, and define vision, strategy, for consumer lending, banking and money movement platform
- Build fraud prevention controls, onboarding and underwriting strategies leveraging data, machine learning and detection algorithms
- Collaborate with Financial Ops, Partner Ops and Risk Ops to ensure they have the right tools to manage risk and disputes
- Encourage a culture of experimentation, learning, and a growth mindset, never settling for the status quo and constantly innovating
- Work through user, customer segment and competitive research to identify Members needs and product controls for financial products
- Define, understand, and improve key product and business metrics. Strong excitement about the business impact of your work, and can ruthlessly prioritize across the roadmap to deliver big outcomes
Cloud-based payroll, benefits, and human resource management solution
Gusto's mission is to help companies put people first. The company operates an online payroll, health benefits, and workers' compensation platform.
- It’s a marathon, not a sprint: Employees celebrating 5 or 10 years at Gusto enjoy a month-long sabbatical to travel and relax after all their hard work.
- Meals and conversations: Free meals, snacks, and drinks to keep us fueled, but more importantly: they bring people together and foster community.
- Wellness for every body: We’re proud to offer inclusive health care such as hormone treatments, gender-affirming surgery, therapy, family planning, and more.
- The time you need: Our flexible PTO policy means every employee is encouraged to take the time they need now to keep doing great work, long term.
- Family-friendly benefits: Fertility treatments, primary and secondary parental leave, sleep coaching, house cleaning for new parents, and more.
- Be well, be you: Get free, comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, plus a monthly fitness stipend and mental health resources too.
Company Core Values
- Embody a service mindset: Never stop advocating for the needs of others.
- Dream big, then make it real: Be ambitious. Show and do is greater than tell and talk.
- Be proud of the how: Ensure deep integrity in everything you do.
- Embrace an ownership mentality: Take initiative to leave things better than you found them.
- Debate then commit: Share openly, question respectfully, and once a decision is made, commit fully.
- Build with humility: Put collective success before individual achievements.