Posted on 6/22/2022
New York, NY, USA
- Experienced: You have 2+ years of hands-on experience launching and managing digital products, ideally in the consumer and media space. Previous experience working with native apps is a strong bonus
- Organized and detail-oriented: You are able to manage multiple projects at once, maintaining timelines, documentation, communication, and triage for each
- Curious and analytical: You are proficient in data and insights. You regularly size opportunities and don't merely accept outliers in data, but actively investigate and dive into the numbers and research to find novel insights and new product ideas
- Comfortable in the spotlight: You will need to work with and help influence senior leaders across the company to promote the team's vision and product strategy in a complex problem space
- Execution focused: You are able to skillfully navigate external and internal partners while executing on your defined roadmap, with an emphasis on outcomes
- User focused: You have a deep empathy for user problems and use this to identify solutions to enhance and improve their experience
- Passion for journalism: You have a passion for journalism and believe in the mission of HuffPost
- Create and execute a strategy and roadmap for HuffPost user engagement and loyalty that aligns with the team's goals and initiatives, with an initial focus on the HuffPost native apps
- Partner closely with the Senior Product Manager for HuffPost and stakeholders throughout the organization (including HuffPost PDE leadership, i.e. product, design, and engineering, HuffPost newsroom leadership, and BuzzFeed technology leadership) to develop, execute, and iterate on this strategy
- Lead a lean team of engineers and coordinate closely with other PDE team members, such as back-end or web engineers, designers, other product managers, product analytics, QA, and leadership
- Set goals and metrics for success, define the roadmap, write project plans and product briefs, prioritize the team's work, and communicate and coordinate the team's plans with partners within and outside of the newsroom
- Work closely with product analytics to understand the how readers are using the HuffPost apps and other HuffPost products, and how to achieve business goals by meeting user needs
- Support the Senior Product Manager of HuffPost on other key initiatives across platforms
- Help define the ongoing product vision of HuffPost as a whole
- Collaborative and communicative: You value collaboration with other disciplines, and are skilled at communicating clearly with product leaders, engineers, designers, product analysts and more - experience working with journalists and business partners is a plus
Cross-platform digital media company
Buzzfeed is committed to making the internet better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news and entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the Internet more inclusive, empathetic, and creative; and inspiring their audience to live better lives.
- Wellness - Comprehensive benefits for medical, dental, and vision insurance with a focus on Wellness. Plus discounts on Gyms, Care.com, and access to resources like Maven, Tend Dental, and One Medical.
- Planning for the future - Take advantage of the 401(k) plan with a company match, short and long-term disability coverage and life insurance.
- Work-life balance - We offer our employees paid time off (including your birthday!), paid holidays and generous leave options for life events such as becoming a parent or getting married.
- Career development - Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more.