Data Solutions and Analytics Manager
Posted on 7/2/2022
Chicago, IL, USA
Development Operations (DevOps)
- JSSI Advisory Services utilizes JSSI's technical expertise and global network to deliver desktop appraisals by ASA-accredited appraisers, asset inspections, technical advice and maintenance event management. Trusted aviation advisors draw on decades of technical knowledge, experience and real-world data to consult clients
- Conklin & de Decker enables aircraft owners and operators to make more informed decisions. More than 35 years of objective and impartial data powers digital tools to analyze aircraft ownership options with the most accurate performance and comparison data available, and review critical state tax information
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Finance or related field
- 4 years of related experience
- 2 years of experience supervising the design, development, and implementation of a Gradient Boosting M/L & Multiple Linear Regression hybrid data-driven mathematical model to price airframe products
- 2 years of experience designing a Bayesian statistical model and program Monte Carlo simulations in VBA to forecast aircraft engine maintenance timing and cost
- 4 years of experience designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining a streamlined system to automate aircraft data aggregation using VBA and SQL to replace legacy interconnected Excel reports
- 2 years of experience developing data pipelines, creating dashboards, and analyzing engine costs using Power BI to validate actuarial analyses of future cash flow
- Enable advanced analytics by defining new or improved data models and coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to improve data acquisition methods
- Enable advanced analytics by defining new or improved data models (e.g. reliability data modeling) and coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to improve data acquisition methods
- Facilitate and assist the team in understanding JSSI end-to-end business processes to identify value adding opportunities and design solutions to drive positive changes
- Work alongside IT and various stakeholders to develop new internal capabilities and systems, such as those required to migrate the Pricing and Program Development operations from a MS Excel-based environment to a database-backed system
- Monitor and ensure timely progress towards expected milestones in solutions delivery
- Facilitate, assist, and develop capabilities to support automation of pricing and forecasting processes to improve pricing accuracy and turn-around-time
- Supervise the design, development, and implementation of a Gradient Boosting M/L & Multiple Linear Regression hybrid data-driven mathematical model to price airframe products
- Design a Bayesian statistical model and program Monte Carlo simulations in VBA to forecast aircraft engine maintenance timing and cost
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain a streamlined system to automate aircraft data aggregation using VBA and SQL to replace legacy interconnected Excel reports
- Develop data pipelines, create dashboards, and analyze engine costs using Power BI to validate actuarial analyses of future cash flow
Aircraft maintenance support and financial services
Jet Support is responsible for maintaining in excess of 2,000 business jets, turboprops, regional jets and helicopters across the globe and serves customers through its unique infrastructure of expert technical advisors.
- Health coverage - We win at wellness. At JSSI, we believe that healthy and happy employees are better poised to make an impact in today’s global workforce. To that end, we provide industry-leading benefits plans that stay competitively priced for our employees and their families year after year.
- Paid time off - We win at work-life balance. Our vacation benefits are highly competitive and increase based on tenure. In addition to our generous package of vacation, holidays, and sick days, JSSI also offers a Charitable Services Day in which employees are paid for a day of volunteering with a charity of their choosing.
- Retirement package - We help prepare for a winning future. We all know the importance of saving for the future. In an effort to encourage our employees to plan for their retirement, JSSI provides an employer match to employee 401(K) contributions by matching 75% of employee contributions on up to 6% of eligible earnings.
- Transporation - Move to win. Our commuter benefits plan gives JSSI employees the opportunity to set aside pre-tax dollars to put towards the inevitable use of parking and/or public transit to get to work each day.
- Freedom to foster an open, trustworthy and honest climate where employees feel empowered to speak up, share ideas and innovate.
- Accountability to embody integrity in the workplace and take ownership, follow through on commitments, and accept responsibility for actions.
- Collaboration to create an environment of openness and sharing through cooperative teamwork and approachability.
- Transparency to operate in an honest, truthful and candid manner that promotes effective communication and complete understanding.