Senior Product Security Engineer
Posted on 3/14/2022
San Francisco, CA, USA • Remote
- 7+ years of relevant Security Engineering experience within a technology organization, including software development, threat modeling, security assessments, and broader security technologies
- Experience with large-scale web applications and backend services, including API design, access management, authorization, authentication, data protection, and encryption
- Effective communication skills - ability to serve as a security advocate and evangelist
- Solid understanding of the common application and infrastructure security vulnerabilities and mitigations
- Experience with Ruby and/or Python or the desire to learn them quickly
- Bonus Points - Active contributor to the security community (Security research, CVEs, bug-bounty recognitions, open-source, blogs, publications…)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Provide consultation to product teams in security architecture & design, and conduct security reviews of new & existing products and services
- Design, implement and ship high-quality security features/services for the product and internal tools across Instacart, such as
- Data Analytics hardening
- Designing & Implementing an authorization module for internal tools
- Automating vulnerable dependency management process
- Advocate & lead complex security projects from inception through completion, working closely with engineering, legal & product teams
- Identify unaddressed areas of security weakness and help the teams come up with efficient and scalable solutions
- Maintain strong knowledge of current security threats, mitigations, and operational best practices
- Provide security training, outreach, and guidance to our internal development teams
- Triage, analyze, and investigate security bug bounty issues reported to Instacart
- Participate in regular security on-call rotations
Grocery delivery app
Instacart's mission is to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. The company operates a mobile app for the delivery and pick-up of groceries and household items.
- Go far together
- Grow the pie
- Roll up your sleeves
- Put it all on the table
- Serve generously
- Wellness Tailored to You - Medical, dental, vision, retirement, life & disability coverage right alongside physical & mental wellness programs, memberships and stipends to keep you and your family feeling your best.
- Family Building Benefits - No matter where you are in your family journey, we support you. Our plans cover modern family planning for all. We offer leave for all parents, flexible working schedules and an active [email protected] community.
- Work From Home Stipend - We help outfit your WFH setup and offer reimbursements so you can be your most productive while at home.
- Flexible Time Off - We all recharge differently. Take the time you need with our flexible time off policy.
- Learning & Development - Whether you’re just starting your career or leading teams, we provide customized L&D programs to help you grow and an annual allowance to pursue your development.
- Future Planning - We have you covered as you plan for your future. 401(k) matching in the U.S. and RRSP in Canada, student loan assistance through Peanut Butter, free Rocket Lawyer membership, SoFi & First Republic financial planning and more.
- Community Connection - Support the communities you care about with volunteer weeks and get involved with our social impact program, Instacart Serves.
- Instacart Express Membership - We help keep your fridge stocked. Unlock grocery discounts with our Instacart Beta app while testing our latest features.