Avionics Test Technician
Space Simulation Test Lab
Posted on 3/12/2022
West Athens, CA, USA
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 2+ years of experience in test procedure development or manufacturing/production environment
- Bachelor's degree in electronics engineering technology or engineering
- Experience with thermal vacuum testing
- Experience with vibration and shock testing
- Some experience in space, aviation, military or other high-reliability operating environments is highly desirable
- Software skills - LabVIEW or Python desired
- Capable of working with diverse electrical test equipment analog and digital and RF
- Strong team working skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Must be willing to work all shifts, overtime and/or weekends as needed
- Nominal hours - 1st shift: 5 AM - 1:30 PM, 2nd shift: 3:30 PM - 12 AM
- Repetitive assembly operations, grasping, standing, lifting, bending, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. unassisted
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
- Self-monitor work progress against fast-paced area benchmarks and achieve on time delivery of all work
- Work with design engineers to develop and document test procedures
- Use a wide range of test equipment including establishing and maintaining specialized test setups
- Perform tests and record test results
- Work with design engineers to troubleshoot failures
- Conduct tests at external specialist test houses
- Program and operate environmental test chambers
- Record work performed on shop floor management system (ERP)
- Perform verifications of flight hardware and documenting results in a clear, precise and complete manner
- Assist with the development of production processes for first time production runs
- Assist with area efficiency and 5S improvement projects
- Responsible for some preventative maintenance activities on test equipment and data acquisition systems
- Use mechanical hand tools and torque wrenches to setup test fixtures
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.