ABOUT THE ROLE
Peloton is seeking a Director, Product Line Architecture (PLA) to drive the innovation, iteration, and optimization of our Bike, Tread, and Row products, as well as the development of future Peloton products. This role is within the Hardware Product Development team and reports to the VP of Hardware.
The Director of Product Line Architecture has total responsibility for the technical development and sustaining of the Peloton hardware product portfolio. The Director leads a team of product specific PLA’s that lead, without direct supervisory authority, the teams that develop the product concepts, complete the technical designs, and lead the development process. This role collaborates with Operations and Product Management to bring the product into production and sustain it throughout the entire product life cycle.
The Director, Product Line Architecture, works multi-functionally with other internal and external teams - including but not limited to Product Management, Mechanical and Electrical Hardware Engineering, Industrial Design, Quality, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Software and Firmware, with the primary role being to ensure collaboration and alignment with Product Management, translating the voice-of-the-customer into concrete engineering specifications. The Director, Product Line Architecture continually watches and interacts with multi-functional leadership and team members to ensure alignment is maintained and makes decisions on product category trade-offs.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Lead a team of product specific PLA’s (approximately 3 direct reports), providing mentorship and development for members of that team
- Work with your team to determine product and program direction for the Peloton HW portfolio in alignment with the Product Management, Operations and Executive teams
- Work with your team to supervise and adjust program strategies in alignment with cross functional leadership to best suit the current and future needs of the business
- Mediate and resolve conflicting proposed directions thereby crafting alignment within the teams
- Provide technical direction for key product decisions
- Ensure consistency and differentiation as required across products
- Promote and provide means for healthy collaboration between cross functional teams as well as with contract manufacturers (CM’s)
- Promote Design for Manufacturing (DFM) and Lean Engineering concepts ensuring products developed embody these philosophies
- Lead the teams in developing Product and Engineering Requirements Documentation
- Work with Product Management to clearly identify key competitors and develop clear strategies for success
- Leads PLA team for alignment on program priorities
- Evaluates program resource requirements and works with the appropriate cross functional teams to ensure programs are adequately resourced
- Ensure that Peloton’s products are crafted with accessibility and inclusion top of mind
- Promote the importance of quality execution
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Design or related field
- 15+ years of product design/engineering experience with strong, demonstrable technical skills
- 10+ years managing cross functional teams
- Extensive experience in design for manufacturability, assembly and packaging
- Advanced experience with the design, analysis, testing and manufacture of:
- Sheet metal and tubing
- Metal castings
- Welded structures
- Plastic molded parts
- Surface Finishing (powder coat, paint, platings etc.)
- Electro-Mechanical drive systems
- Electronic components
- Demonstrated knowledge of engineering analysis, processes, testing tools and technical documentation standards
- Sophisticated understanding of product aesthetic design and branding strategies
- Experience leading concurrent projects to successful completion
- Proven ability to adapt quickly and effectively to unexpected changes in scale, priorities and pace
- Proven ability in balancing the needs of the customer, manufacturing and the operations organizations
- Proven ability to communicate ideas and strategies, effectively and efficiently
- Ability to present and “sell” product concepts to both internal and external members
- Experienced in managing, recruiting, and growing teams
- Able to lead team members with a variety of working styles
- Bonus: Experience within the Fitness Industry
Base Salary: $247,200.00 to $373,100.00
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the anticipated salary range for this position based at our New York City headquarters. The actual base salary offered for this position will depend on numerous factors including individual performance, business objectives, and if the location for the job changes. Our base salary is just one component of Peloton’s competitive total rewards strategy that also includes annual equity awards and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan as well as other region-specific health and welfare benefits.
As an organization, one of our top priorities is to maintain the health and wellbeing for our employees and their family. To achieve this goal, we offer robust and comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off policy
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Access to mental health services
- 401k, tuition reimbursement and student loan paydown plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Fertility and adoption support and up to 18 weeks of paid parental leave
- Child care and family care discounts
- Free access to Peloton Digital App and apparel and product discounts
- Commuter benefits and Citi Bike Discount
- Pet insurance and so much more!
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of nearly 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.