U.S. Refurbishment Operations Manager
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Internet Marketplace Platforms
Back Market, a certified B-Corp, is a global leader in the refurbished electronics marketplace, committed to making refurbished tech trustworthy, reliable, and affordable. With a clear focus on sustainability, the company actively contributes to reducing electronic waste and environmental impact, while also advocating for the Right to Repair in the tech industry. Having raised 884M€ and serving over 10 million customers worldwide, Back Market demonstrates a strong competitive advantage through its high-quality refurbished products, educational resources, and robust sustainability practices.
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↑ 3%
1 year growth↑ 0%
2 year growth↑ 20%
New York, NY, USA
Operations & Logistics
- Strong experience in the electronic repair and maintenance industry (5+ years)
- Deep knowledge of the best tools and software for delivering high-quality refurbished electronic products
- Passion for technology and eagerness to gain knowledge about new electronic devices
- Industrial thinking mindset to help sellers deploy optimization plans at scale
- Entrepreneurial mindset, open-minded, team player, and bias towards action
- Strong analytical skills
- Advise sellers on optimizing manufacturing processes
- Establish and cultivate a comprehensive knowledge network for sellers
- Conduct regular mystery orders to assess product quality
- Identify, prioritize, and execute factory visits to audit seller quality
- Equip Seller Success Managers with valuable insights
- Curate a catalog featuring key components, machines, and software for sellers
- Highlight technological expertise through various channels
- Architect and establish a state-of-the-art Lab
- Coordinate discovery workshops with clients, prospects, and sellers
- Drive the enhancement of Brand Equity through strategic initiatives and communication efforts
- Passion for communicating in public settings
- Professional development programs, internal mobility, and career growth opportunities
Back Market is the world’s leading refurbished electronics marketplace with a team of 650 people, powering operations in 21 countries (and counting!).
Named one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company in 2019 and again in 2021, our mission is simple: empowering people to consume tech sustainably by offering folks a high quality, accessible, and more eco-friendly alternative to buying new electronics. Why? Refurbished tech helps lower our collective environmental impact. We have indeed contributed to avoid the production of more than 1,000,000 tons of CO2e worldwide since our launch in 2014.
Be part of an exciting and growing international adventure that will change the way the world consumes tech.
In the Innovation Lab as part of the Quality team, your mission will be to manage our quality controls and processes and participate in the development of the Innovation Lab.
**NOTE: This role is located in New York, New York (Union Square Park), and requires a hybrid work schedule with a minimum of four days per week in the office. Candidates should either be local to NYC or open to relocating.**
YOUR MISSION: 🥇
- Advise sellers on optimizing manufacturing processes by recommending the most effective tools and technical procedures.
- Establish and cultivate a comprehensive knowledge network available to sellers, facilitating their journey towards manufacturing excellence.
- Conduct regular mystery orders to assess the quality of new seller products, ensuring adherence to established standards.
- Identify, prioritize, and execute factory visits to audit seller quality, collecting insights and best practices for refurbishment and technology.
- Equip SSMs (Seller Success Managers) with valuable insights to develop tailored action plans, focusing on enhancing seller quality across technical, aesthetic, and accessory dimensions.
- Curate a catalog featuring key components, machines, and software at negotiated prices for our sellers.
- Highlight our technological expertise through various channels.
- Architect and establish a state-of-the-art Lab capable of hosting press conferences and investors roadshows, showcasing our leadership in the refurbishment industry.
- Coordinate discovery workshops with clients, prospects, and sellers to promote refurbishment awareness and gather valuable customer feedback.
- Drive the enhancement of Brand Equity through strategic initiatives and communication efforts.
YOU ARE IN THE RIGHT PLACE IF YOU HAVE: ⭐
- You have a strong experience in the electronic repair and maintenance industry (5+ years)
- Passion for communicating including in public settings with previous noticeable experience
- You are good at diagnosing issues and digging up information by yourself
- You have a deep knowledge of the best tools and software to deliver the highest level of aesthetic and functional quality for refurbished electronic products
- You have a deep passion for technology and are always eager to gain knowledge about any kind of new electronic devices
- You have an industrial thinking mindset that will allow you to help our sellers deploy optimization plans at scale
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset: you are open-minded, a team player, and have a strong bias towards action
- You have strong analytical skills.
- Passion for communicating including in public settings
This position has an estimated annual base salary range of $90,000 to $110,000, plus opportunities for equity. Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to demonstrated skill set, years and depth of relevant experience, and some role-dependent factors. We welcome direct conversations with each candidate about compensation in all of our initial calls.
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US ? ✌🏼
- An attractive salary that comes with equity options, health insurance, paid maternity and parental leave, 401K, commuter benefits, mental health support, and more,
- Flexible working hours and hybrid models that let you choose which days you to work in the office and at home (because work-life balance is an individual right).
- Professional development programs, internal mobility, and the opportunity to make your career what you want it to become.
- A meaningful mission. But also fun. We’re serious about changing the landscape of the electronics industry and we like to keep things spicy.
- A booming scale-up: we are rapidly growing in Europe, the USA and in Asia!
- Welcoming, safe, and inclusive working environment where everyone’s opinion, differences, and backgrounds are heard and respected.
Back Market is an Equal Opportunity Employer which means we pledge to not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetic information.. If reasonable accommodations are needed for the interview process, please do not hesitate to discuss this with the Talent Acquisition Team.
Back Market is helping to address one of the biggest challenges of our time: climate change. We take this so seriously that we were awarded status as a “Société à Mission”, or company with a social mission, by the French government. We know we can’t tackle a global problem without a globally representative team so we are committed to embedding diversity, equity and inclusion principles in every aspect of our organization. But more importantly, being One Loving & Free Spirited Tribe is in our DNA as it is one of the five foundational values of our company since we got started way back in 2014. We are committed to hiring and supporting diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We know our lofty goals cannot be reached unless everyone has a seat at the table along with the resources and opportunity to grow.